So yes, we went to Paris today. We left home a bit late (as it takes us almost an hour to get there) so we directly went to Marché Saint Pierre. I hope to go back there regularly until the moment we'll have to move, and stock a bit on fabrics I know will be hard to find in the south. (plus that fabric stores are part of the shops that are closing down due to crisis) Today I bought three linens : one white, one light turquoise blue, and one which is made with two threads of different colors, one thread seems to be lavendar & the other is something like plum. Also bought three cotton ginghams (one yellow, one blue, one dark pink), and also a white cotton with light pink dots. For me, shopping for fabrics is as satisfying or thrilling as buying gourmet food or fine jewelry can be for other persons. I know. But I'm just like that ! :D
After that we went to quartier Saint Paul where we had a drink in a café named "Le trésor".(do I need to mention that it was a bit because of a toilet emergency ... ugh)
And then headed to the restaurant we wanted to go today, "L'As du Falafel", in the Jewish quartier. Boy that was overcrowded, but wow that was yummy ! We made the mistake of ordering too much ... (yeah, clever) so when we went out we were totally stuffed ! LOL And then we went to .... the science museum, what were you thinking, my friends ???!!! (you have to be a regular reader to get the joke) Once again everyone had a blast, and I would even say that the more I'm going there, the more I'm getting interested in science (which is the point, don't you think ?!) ... I kind of always hated that at school, but now that I'm not obliged to learn my lessons (!!), science seems so much more attractive, and more specifically I have finally understood that science is all around us, in everything we make, every place we go. (yes, and it took me 30 years to get that ! wow) I had a huge Proud Mama Moment, when, during an experiment we were attending, the scientist asked the audience if anyone knew what hydrogen peroxide was, and my P answered that the molecular formula was H2O2. The scientist was amazed & asked P not to say more or he would put the audience to shame ! He gave him a container, of the shape of a science plastic storage container (have to take a pic), but which holds chocolates in it ! We were amazed by his kindness ! :D So nice of him ! (and if you wonder how on earth P knows the molecular formula, it's that he's really into chemistry right now, and hydrogen peroxide is the kind of thing you can find in a home, and we make him look on the internet the description, and therefore the molecular formula - plus he has a far better memory than me !! LOL) And then we had much fun in the "Light" area of the museum, which was apparently new.

Then we went back home.
Activities Advent Calendar - Day 23 : Decorating a gingerbread house online ! They loved that too, and that was one easy activity for mama as well !! I found the cutest one here
Tomorrow will be the last day of our Activity Advent Calendar, and I really can't believe my eyes how fast all these days went by ! I will make a list tomorrow of all the activities I had planned. If you plan to use it as inspiration, there will be some changes to make as some of our activities were more specific to our family. But please feel free to use all the ideas, anyway I don't own them & haven't created them all myself.
Please please bear with me, I know I want to share the wristwarmers tutorial, the yoghurt + apple cake recipe, the chocolate mousse recipe, but I have crafts to do, and they are quite urgent, and also my web host has decided to close down, so I'm right in the middle of transfering everything (things that you can't see anyway), and it's not always working as I'd like to. And tomorrow is Christmas Eve ... I'll do my best to make everything ASAP. Anyone wants to offer me extra hours in the day as Christmas present ???! No ??! LOL
OK, before leaving, I wanted to share this video I saw on another blog. Enjoy ! (and don't forget to turn your speakers on)
After that we went to quartier Saint Paul where we had a drink in a café named "Le trésor".(do I need to mention that it was a bit because of a toilet emergency ... ugh)
And then headed to the restaurant we wanted to go today, "L'As du Falafel", in the Jewish quartier. Boy that was overcrowded, but wow that was yummy ! We made the mistake of ordering too much ... (yeah, clever) so when we went out we were totally stuffed ! LOL And then we went to .... the science museum, what were you thinking, my friends ???!!! (you have to be a regular reader to get the joke) Once again everyone had a blast, and I would even say that the more I'm going there, the more I'm getting interested in science (which is the point, don't you think ?!) ... I kind of always hated that at school, but now that I'm not obliged to learn my lessons (!!), science seems so much more attractive, and more specifically I have finally understood that science is all around us, in everything we make, every place we go. (yes, and it took me 30 years to get that ! wow) I had a huge Proud Mama Moment, when, during an experiment we were attending, the scientist asked the audience if anyone knew what hydrogen peroxide was, and my P answered that the molecular formula was H2O2. The scientist was amazed & asked P not to say more or he would put the audience to shame ! He gave him a container, of the shape of a science plastic storage container (have to take a pic), but which holds chocolates in it ! We were amazed by his kindness ! :D So nice of him ! (and if you wonder how on earth P knows the molecular formula, it's that he's really into chemistry right now, and hydrogen peroxide is the kind of thing you can find in a home, and we make him look on the internet the description, and therefore the molecular formula - plus he has a far better memory than me !! LOL) And then we had much fun in the "Light" area of the museum, which was apparently new.

Then we went back home.Activities Advent Calendar - Day 23 : Decorating a gingerbread house online ! They loved that too, and that was one easy activity for mama as well !! I found the cutest one here
Tomorrow will be the last day of our Activity Advent Calendar, and I really can't believe my eyes how fast all these days went by ! I will make a list tomorrow of all the activities I had planned. If you plan to use it as inspiration, there will be some changes to make as some of our activities were more specific to our family. But please feel free to use all the ideas, anyway I don't own them & haven't created them all myself.Please please bear with me, I know I want to share the wristwarmers tutorial, the yoghurt + apple cake recipe, the chocolate mousse recipe, but I have crafts to do, and they are quite urgent, and also my web host has decided to close down, so I'm right in the middle of transfering everything (things that you can't see anyway), and it's not always working as I'd like to. And tomorrow is Christmas Eve ... I'll do my best to make everything ASAP. Anyone wants to offer me extra hours in the day as Christmas present ???! No ??! LOL
OK, before leaving, I wanted to share this video I saw on another blog. Enjoy ! (and don't forget to turn your speakers on)
Oh Sonia, a proud moment indead, your little guy knows his chemistry, wow, thats such a gift.
ReplyDeleteThrilled about you guys having a good day in Paris, the shopping and the food sound wonderful, equally, lol.
Can you believe its christmas eve, now actually as i write, ahhhh!
Love Justin Timberlake, have a bit of a crush on him, eventhough hes so young, ha!
Much love babes, xxxxxxxx
Hi Sonia!!! That is a funny video, you never know what you will see on Ellen..LOL!! :)
ReplyDeleteWTG P on getting H2O2!!!! Yay!!!
Merry Christmas!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!! ((BIG HUGS))!!
Ciao dear Sonia, I got your e-mail and will reply ASAP! :) So glad you got "it" LOL! ;) I am sorry that I haven't been by for a visit sooner. With my parents here, Christmas so close and our loss, I haven’t been online much. Just wanted to wish you a lovely day with your beloved ones. Buon Natale (Merry Christmas) from rainy but not too cold Scotland. Best wishes from Zeno and me, hugs!
ReplyDeleteHiya sweets, you dont know me I am flutter and happened to stumble upon your blog via Kia's site...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day you seemed to have in Paris, I am so jealous LOL!! I am so pleased it was a nice day for you and that you and your family got to visit some really nice places...
It is sad that some fabulous shops are closing, good for us that we can grab a bargain out of their misfortune....
Well Wishing you a very merry christmas and a wonderful new year, I will be back to visit again..
Happy Holidays!
Hi sweetie. Got your lovely card, thank yoU!!!! Justin Timberlake a Gingerbread man, too funny! The dancing was hilarious. Anyway, wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas :) XOXO
ReplyDeleteOh My! I am laughing tears! Thanks for the good Ellen LAUGH!!!
ReplyDelete