Martha.Martha

Hi everyone ! I hope you all had a great weekend. Yesterday wa stayed home as planned, which was absolutely perfect for me. We just went out all 4 to go to the glass recycling containers. What filled the day ? As usual : (lots of) games, crafts with the boys, cooking (including carrot + onion soup in the morning, and prune -without oatflakes, I didn't have any - + apple muffins in the evening), crafts (yes, mama crafts, grown up crafts, yeah !!), planning, talking, housework (including ironing) etc etc ... you see what I mean.
I'm very happy to say that the felt spice biscuits garland was sold (thanks so much L) ... and that I have already listed what I made yesterday, which are ... gingerbread felt biscuits ! I love them to bits ! They're in the shop.Now, you probably wonder why I named my today's entry "Martha Martha". Well, I spent several long moments these days browsing Martha Stewart's website, and boy oh boy, is this site a treasure of ideas. You see, I mean to make an Advent calendar for the boys, this year, but I've decided to brave the temptation to make, like last year, a calendar filled with candy, chocolate & small goodies. They were younger indeed, and now they rather would need a more meaningful calendar. That's why I have decided to make a calendar "filled" with winter o Christmas activities. And this is where MARTHA plays her role ... I had already found some nice ideas, but she had some great ones, or at least, very inspiring. (to me) I haven't imagined yet what the calendar will look like itself, but I know I'll find a way. Just need a little time (LIKE ALWAYS !) to have everything ready !
And Martha must have inspired me, when I decided two days ago to put up a rectangular basket in the hall, between the chairs (where the boys & us remove our shoes & jackets), where we (now) easily throw & can find back our winter accessories. (knitted hats, scarves, mittens & gloves that is !)We live in such a small place (70 meters square) that every little bit of space has to be neatly thought.
OK, I do have tons to do, it's already almost 02.30pm, laundry has to be hung, coffee has to be drunk afterwards, and crafts, tons of crafts, have to be done before the boys come back from school. Tomorrow both the boys & Chris will stay home (yeah !) as it's a bank day.
Big hugs to all !! OXOXOXO I'll leave you with a cute drawing made by U, a couple of days ago, I love it so much ! Children artworks can be so cheerful & uplifting ! Enjoy !

Comments

  1. Oh Sonia, visiting you each day is such a pleasure, so comforting, I look forward to it so much. So once again I am inspired by your truely wonderful crafts, the gingerbread felt biscuits are fabulous, such a brilliant idea.

    I am also a huge Martha fan. Her web site always has such amazing ideas.

    I love your hat and mitten basket, so cute. I wish I had room for one also, our space is so small.

    Happy Monday sweetie, thankyou for your sweet words on my blog (I just picked up a great secondhand sewing machine for Antonia, shhhh, lol), much love ClareXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh forgot to say I LOVE U's art, gotta love their creativeness.xxxx I'm a huge rainbow fanxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sonia, oh I love gingerbread felt, it's so pretty. I tried to put it in my favorites but I need an Etsy account for that, maybe another time. I hope your week is starting well, your weather is pretty warm. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia! Love the new cross-stitch Xmas graphics! I knew that garland would be a hit. You should make more! An advent calendar is always a wonderful thing. The one Sadie made is so adorable! I'm going to be using the Paris-themed heart you made for me on our Christmas tree this year! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, thanks D! :O)

    start the calendar this week Sonia! I'm not being a bossy boots, I just know how long these projects take, and it's always longer when you've got children to take care of too.

    I love Martha and agree, she is incredibly inspirational.
    YOu will smile when you see my diary today. I talk of my book basket, which has now been girlified by a pretty frill of Laura Ashley fabric. It's a project that I worked on yesterday, and my fingers are telling me today that I stabbed myself with a needle more times than I realised!

    I've just treated myself to a new book from Amazon, about sewing projects. I'm going to be impatient until it turns up.

    Have a lovely day! :O)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking very nice in here :) The felt gingerbreads are very nice.
    I have sooooo many baskets all over the place and in my classroom that's all I use for storing the children's construction sets, I'm not keen on plastic boxes which the other classes have.
    Hope you're having a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sonia! I really love the new Christmas theme in here! Very adorable! Mmm...Prune Muffins...Yum! Speaking of yummy things...Im looking for some tastey recipes that are made with Strawberries!(check out my post today) I like your idea of a winter activity Advent Calendar! Very clever! U's artwork is adorable! I love looking at childrens art! They have a wonderful imagination dont they?! Have a wonderfu day sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gingerbreads! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those gingerbread biscuits! Adorable, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !