In.The.Mood.Part.Three

Happy new week everyone !
We had a cosy Sunday indeed ... staying home, the weather was nice but we stayed indoors. Lots of games, crafts with the boys, houseworks too (cooking, washing, ironing, cleaning ... which makes that today is a bit of a chore free day) ... we made scones in the afternoon (not from scratch, I had bought some times ago a box made in the UK, to keep for a rainy cosy autumn/winter Sunday ... OK yesterday was not rainy but it was cosy !!)Not bad, specially with organic strawberry jam & homemade raspberry jelly (my parents') ... but I'll try to make them from scratch next time. In the afternoon I also won the special award of "The Greatest Mom" (I quote my son ! LOL) for managing to make with cardboard what he had in mind for his homemade pinball. (he re-used cardboard boxes & other salvaged bits & bobs and glass marbles) Three toilet paper rolls & scotch tape later, he told me I was the greatest mom ever ! Awwwww he knew how to make my mama's heart melt !! Photo ?!

This morning was sunny too, it's getting a bit less sunny now. After bringing the boys to school I went shopping for (few) food & went back home. I decided to go on the balcony with two children chairs (they're very solid), a tray with a cuppa warm latte ... and my craft project ... I was wearing my wooly pink capelet, and it was so pleasant embroidering in the morning sun ... mmm ... quite something I won't forget, specially if autumn will change to be rainy.On my way back home with the boys after school (before lunch), I was happyly surprised to find the last delivery from Amazon, the one I had made some weeks ago, before deciding not to buy any new books until January 2009. (GOSH THAT'S GOING TO BE VERY TOUGH !!) Inside, a little book for the boys (about recycling & wastes) & two Christmas books for Chris & I ... first the lastest Nigella Chritmas book, and then Susan Branch Christmas Joy little book. I have good "reading" for a little while, and I hope, a little source of inspiration ! What a transition .... Christmas leads me to .... the Christmas book review !! Yeah ! LOL


TODAY : GROWN UP BOOKS

NIGELLA CHRISTMAS
by Nigella Lawson
ISBN 0307397742
Just received it so can't talk about it yet !!

CHRISTMAS JOY
by Susan Branch
ISBN 0316106828
Will tell about it later as I just got it too !

CLASSIC CRAFTS & RECIPES INSPIRED BY THE SONGS OF CHRISTMAS
by Martha Stewart
ISBN 0609809377
I'm very happy I got this beautiful book. Not that I ever made anything from the book, but it's so inspiring & puts you absolutely in the mood for Christmas crafts or gift making.

GIFTS FOR GIVING
by Gooseberry Patch
ISBN 1931890102
Absolutely inspiring book, full of sweet ideas of gifts, specially gifts in a jar, like cookie mixes or such, but tons of great illustrations ... I adore this book & will get the other "More Gifts For Giving" book in 2009.

WELCOME HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
by Gooseberry Patch
ISBN 0963297813
Another great GP book ...

CELEBRATE YEAR ROUND
by Gooseberry Patch
ISBN 1931890579
Because you CAN'T have too many GP books !!

COOL YULE, A CRAFTY & CREATIVE CHRISTMAS
by Debra Mostow Zakarin
ISBN 0448432498
A sweet little (and cheap) book for Christmastime ...


OK, I have to stop here now. I shall wish you a fabulous week ahead, my friends ! Last week of school here before All Saints holidays. (that's how they're called here) OXOXO Big hugs to all, and ... meant to add that I was very happy you all enjoyed the little video ! :D

Comments

  1. Hi Sonia! I'm so glad I scrolled down and saw the tossing leaves video! That was so cute I would've hated missing that! I think all 3 of your men look so much like one another. Fun to hear them speaking amnd laughing, too. I think I heard you giggle, too! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia! Thank you for sharing the video! Your boys are so adorable! My boys played all day in the leaves yesterday. They would fill their sweatshirts with leaves a much as they could and then 'belly bop' one another! It was so funny! I have pics Ill have to post of it sometime this week.Your scones and jam look so yummy! I made homemade Apple dumplings today. Well...Semi homemade! LOL! Enjoy your fall sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, dear Sonia! Another great post, amazing links/books and lovely photos, thank you! :) I've read your blog with my cup of coffee and a bagels with, guess what? Homemade raspberry jam (my parents') :) YUM! Have a happy day, sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning Sonia, ooh that jam looks rather lovely. I keep promising myself that one day I'm going to make my own jams and preserves. I have a beatiful book about doing so, and loads of recipes, but so far, no courage to give it a try. Well, no time either, but even if I had the time I probably wouldn't!

    The Susan Branch Joy book is a beautiful one. I went bonkers buying SB books early this year, and can totally recommend the Summer and Autumn ones too, if you can get hold of them. They are expensive, and often sold out, but they are worth it. Some fabulous recipes in both, and I've tried out several. Both Nikki and I have huge fans, and we both ordered her 2009 calendar as soon as they were available. Did you know she does gorgeous fabric too? I am hoping to buy some one day, but not just yet. Lack of lootage!

    Hope your week has started off nicely, and you are having a good Tuesday (I keep thinking it's Monday, don't know why!)
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum to the jam and scones....which btw are so much nicer homemade and straight from the oven. I have yet to buy any shop ones that match up to homemade!
    Your birthday package for your MIL sounds lovely and so well thought out.
    I adore Susan Branch. Her pictures are so beautiful, I've had one of her calendars every year for a while now. It hangs up near my computer so that I can gaze at it often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Sonia, it's raining elephants and giraffes right now. ;) When Zeno saw all your book-links stared at me saying: "No, you cannot have them all!" LOL! ;) Too bad! Have a happy day, sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. j'm les gens qui aiment GooseberryPatch ! surtout quand ils sont français LOL !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !