D.B.C

In these troubled & tormented times, there's nothing like a bit of baking to get a bit of comfort, am I wrong ? Hopefully today was so sunny & not that cold, which was very pleasant. (it's 03.30pm as I'm typing, and the boys are at school) Look at the beautiful of the trees (the ones that still have leaves !) that are in the buildings' garden ... with the bright sky today, it makes such a beautiful color combo.Soooo ... what is D.C.B all about ??! I'm talking MUFFINS A-G-A-I-N, Ladies !!! ah ah ah ! Yep, I just baked two batches of D.C.B, which is yet another adaptation/variation of my current recipes, and D.C.B stands for Double Chocolate + Bananas ! Mmmmmm .... does it already sound delicious ???! (I'd love to share the very pleasant smell that my place has right now ... mmm ... if only it could last !! LOL)So, maybe you'd like to try it yourself, right ? OK, so here comes the recipe ... come on, scroll down a little bit more, I know you can do it ...

gosh, look at that big pile of muffins ... mmmm


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
D.C.B MUFFINS
aka DOUBLE CHOCOLATE + BANANA MUFFINS
makes 28 muffins

ingredients :
375 g self-raising flour
2 eggs
125 g caster sugar
375 ml milk
150 g melted butter (unsalted)
200 g dark or milk chocolate chips
a dash of vanilla sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 medium bananas, cut into medium slices
little sugar "balls" (optionnal, just to top the muffins)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Preheat the oven at 200/220°C ~ 400/425°F.
Either grease your muffin molds with melted butter or oil, or don't grease it, if you own a set of flexible molds like I do.
In a large bowl, sift the flour & add the sugar, the vanilla sugar, the cocoa powder & the chocolate chips. Mix in.
Whip the eggs with the milk.
Mix in with the dry ingredients with a metal spoon, but DO NOT knead too much.
Melt the butter & mix it in, still NOT kneading much. The dough must be irregular & full of lumps !
Before putting in the oven, insert a slice of banana in the middle of each muffin.
Make sure dough covers the banana so it gets invisible from the outside.
You can sprinkle some small sugar balls on top, if you want to, but it's not mandatory at all.
The success of making muffins resides in making the dough very irregular & not kneading it much !
Fill your molds (3/4 of each - to let the muffins rise) with a teaspoon (easier).
Put in the oven for 20-25 mn (200/220°C ~ 400/425°F) until a skewer/knife hammered inside a muffin goes out totally dry & clean.
These muffins will be moist because of the banana in the middle so cook at least 20 mn at 200°C.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Now, please please help yourself & enjoy. You'd make me so happy No ? Really ? Well, so now ... I have to have one first, just to try ... :)
Have a nice weekend everyone. Please DO take care. Much love XOXOX

Comments

  1. I think I've snapped out of my gloom now Sonia, or at least, I'm getting there. Silly the things that can make a person feel down.

    Anyway. Those cakes certainly cheered me up! You use sillicone cases don't you? It looks like they remove easily, as the bottom of your cakes looks perfect. Sometimes when I peel off the paper cake cases they peel some of the cake with them. Although, I must admit that I do try to do that when they're still too warm, because I'm in such a hurry to scoff them! I'm such a piggy.

    I show cakes today, but not edible ones. Yes, I posted. And I will more than likely post at some time over the weekend, time permitting. I can tell by your photos that our weather is identical again. We've had lots of blue skies this week, but still with that autumnal chill in the air. Absolutely beautiful. In fact this will impress you. This morning I stripped the sheets from the bed as normal, and decided to wash the quilt from the top too, as I wanted to put the pink one back on. So I washed it, and hung it outside! In October! Can you believe it? Washing out to dry in October. I've been out to feel it a few times, and while it's not perfectly dry, it's not bad and will be completely dry after hanging up in the house over the weekend.

    Right. Enough of my waffle. Time I was off. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness!! Yes please! :D These would be perfect on a cold and rainy day like today. Plus, banana and chocolate? Does it get any better? Beautiful photos, too. I could eat them up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia!! I love the change in the leaves dont you? Beautiful! Baking will fix anything! hehe! I plan on baking a pumkin desert today. But your muffins look so yummy too! Well have a wonderful weekend! PS~ Watch your mail! ;)Lotsa hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrummy muffins from the muffin queen! One of these days I will try one of your recipes, probably the cheese ones first :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zeno would like to know the PW to download some of your muffins! :D They look yummy for sure! :) Thanks for the recipe. We'd like to open a recipe corner on our site one day.

    Weather IS very changeable in Scotland, not a legend at all! ;)

    Today it's sunny outside so we will be out most of the day, "see" you tomorrow! Hugs & smiles your way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !