As.Planned

... our weekend was busy. Recap ?

Saturday
We went to Paris with my inlaws. The weather was sunny, bright, crisp, chilly, windy. But nice, really. We went to show where Chris works, then went to the French National Library. (Bibliothèque François Mitterand) We crossed the Seine on the Passerelle Simone de Beauvoir & went to the Parc de Bercy, where we always enjoy to go. We visited it a bit & also went to the vegetable garden, to show to my inlaws. I was amazed by the number of flowers & vegetables still in bloom. We even had our picnic there, in the garden. That was memorable. We were right in the sun, protected from the wind & it was really nice. I couldn't leave without a pic.

There are lots of photos so I'm sharing only some that I resized, but I have created a slideshow that you will be able to find at the end of this post.We then went to the Musée des Arts & Métiers , where we had a loooong fabulous moment looking at all the inventions ... everyone had a grant time. We could see this ... (Avion III, by Clément Ader)The Arts & Métiers Métro station is one of my favorite, it's all copper color, even the trash bins !Then we left to go back home ... there were lots of people in the stations, my inlaws couldn't believe it.This is my MIL in Châtelet Les Halles station.
We were all so tired. But after the boys went to sleep, Chris & I braved the cold wind (really) to go to Disney by foot. (and by night, it was 09.30pm) After a couple of games, a cocktail & a milkshake, we walked back home. Yeaaaah, we're CRAZY. That was 01am then, and our feet & legs were killing us. We had mittens & scarf on.

Sunday
Today was cold, rainy & very windy all day long. We stayed home all day, except my FIL & Chris who went to buy bread. I baked prune+oatflakes+apples+cinnamon muffins with the help of my MIL. We had one for snack, with a coffee, that was so cosy ! We have lots of them for the next few mornings.
Yesterday I also finally finished my Little House project, that turned out to be a small decorative cushion. It's 20 cm X 33 cm. I'm very happy about it & can't wait to dive into a new project.I've used the first of the handmade labels I told you about the other day.
OK, time to go & have a little workout, before I don't want anymore .... ugh !!
I hope you all had a great weekend, my friends ! Thanks for stopping by ! Big hugs to all OXOXOX



Comments

  1. Ciao dear Sonia! You sure had pleasant weekend. :) Yay! Lovely pics, thanks for sharing! :) Hubby and I had a lovely sunny day here in Scotland, today. So we went out for a walk with our camera. Sure hope the sun will be up in the sky all next week! *fingers crossed* Happy Monday and week ahead. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little one says things to me like this.. 'I like mama'! Makes my heart melt so much. Children can drive you totally round the twist sometimes, but just a few words makes it all worthwhile. :O) It's great to be a Mum.

    you have had a busy weekend Sonia. Thanks for finding time to stop by and say hello, I appreciate it. Well, time to go and bake a cake (I have been putting it off all morning!) have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi S, you make Paris sound even more and more wonderful. I don't know where you get the energy from to go to disney so late, thats so cool.

    I have already said so on Flicker, but OMG I just love your cushion. It would cost a fortune to buy. I love all the detail and fabric choices, button and label, Im rambling but I just love your taste. So inspirational.

    Much love ClareX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special Sunday Sonia! You forgot your comments at the end of the post so I was able to scroll down & discover your si joli pillow! I love it. I hope your week is starting well, it looks warmer for you right now. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !