Life is good. I've been "counting my blessings" lately, but the fact is that it's true. That's how I feel. I think that once you understand that you don't have to expect anything in life, that you don't need much more than being alive, healthy, with your loved ones, with a roof upon your head & food in your plate ... then you get it.I'm not closing my eyes on all the awful things in the world. Wars, deaths, disasters, epidemics ... I feel concerned, and am always horrified when I read in the (online - I don't watch TV & don't read paper newspapers) news, all the horrors men can do between themselves. (or to others, simply) Life is so short !
I was born in France, and though I don't like lots of things that happen in my country (the way things are done, or are NOT done, for instance), I know I am LUCKY I was born in that country. My life is not threatened at the corner of each street. I can dress how I like, do what I want. I think that's not so easy & simple in lots of countries.
My hubby, my children, and I are healthy, and together. I don't need much more than that to be happy.
Are YOU happy ? Do you count your blessings ?I hope you can, and I hope you do. You feel so much serene afterwards. Hug your loved ones a bit tighter today. And endlessly repeat them you love them.
Yesterday I received a parcel, small but full of love, from my beloved mom. She sent us our fav. prunes (the ones I use for the prune-oatflakes muffins) along with a pink bolero she knitted for me this summer. I'm in deep love with the color, and will add ribbons to keep it a bit closed (on the front) ... HUGE thanks mom, you're the best ever ! :) {I added a close-up for those of you interested in the details}

Yesterday was filled by lots of little things done at home. Cooking, cleaning, ironing (just like I said in a previous entry ), organizing, relaxing, playing with the boys & keeping them busy ... really I'm happy with all the little things I've done. I hope to get back into the swing of school-day-daily-rhythm. (after those 2 months vacation, I mean) The rhythm is so different, really but I know I'll survive ... I'll be quoting Ella Fitzgerald's lyrics to end my entry today ... (have a great start to the new week, my friends !! much love your way ! XOXOX)Days can be sunny with never a sigh
Don't need what money can buy
Birds in the trees sing their dayful of songs
Why shouldn't we sing along?
I'm chipper all the day
Happy with my life
How do I get that way?
Look at what I've got:
I got rhythm, I got music, I got my man
Who could ask for anything more?
I've got daisies in green pastures
I've got my man
Who could ask for anything more?
What a nice post to read, Sonia! :) You always make me smile! And you are so right, my friend! :)
ReplyDeleteI’m waiting for the ladies for our 1st apt. inspection. Hope they won’t let me wait all day! I'm finally feeling better and I want to take a walk.
Take care, stay warm and enjoy your family. Hugs! :)
yep, I certainly do count my blessings Sonia. When something horrible and life threatening happens to family members, it tends to make you appreciate things more. And I too avoid the news as much as I can. Too much doom and gloom. Parts of England have been flooded over the weekend, and I am grateful we were affected. More gloom!
ReplyDeleteI'm having a little surf time while Her Ladyship sleeps, so I shall wish you a happy Monday and be off. :O) x
Hi Sonia! I always count my blessings and am happy with the simple things in life! You are wise to be at that point when you're still so young! :) What a lovely knit bolero from your mom. that dusty rose pink is a favorite color of mine, too, and flattering for almost every coloring. (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteI do count my blessings. I always think about how wonderful my life is. Even though some days I'm annoyed or angry at something, in the end life is really good to me.
ReplyDeleteI don't watch news or read the paper either. It's really sad to hear about murders, and war, and sickness. I mostly avoid it.
Love the bolero, so pretty in pink. What a lovely color. She is a great knitter :) My schedule was off a bit once the girls started school. But I think as of today I'm getting things under control.
Much love to you sweets!
*big hugs*
Hi Sonia,
ReplyDeleteOh I have enjoyed reading your post. You make me smile. :)
I do count my blessings and am happy with my life!
What a lovely gift from your Mom, gorgeous color!
Take care sweetie.
~many hugs~
Hey you, lovely post. We ARE fortunate to live were we do. It scares me that we almost become immune to terrible news, as if its not really true, like we are watching some soap opera.
ReplyDeleteIts all about loving your family and friends, and putting them ahead of anything else.
I love your new gift from your mum, you will think of her when you wear it I know. The colour is lovely.
Take care sweetie, much love, ClareX