Before She Arrives

... I have to show you the pincushion that I managed to hand embroidered & machine sewed yesterday. Yep, I started minutes before picking the boys at school, around 4.15pm, and worked 15mn here, 10 mn there, and 2 hours in the evening (from 10 to 12pm). I'm rather happy with how it turned out to be. The front is linen & is free form embroidered. (no pattern), I machine sewed a brown vintage lace trim & sewed a heart shaped button. "Carpe Diem" is hand embroidered too. (just a friendly reminder from daughter to mother ... ahem) The back is made with a fabric she had given me years ago, and that is vintage too, it must be from the 1960's or something, I'll have to ask here again after I'll have given it to her. I'm showing off my new labels ... if I can't show off with my mom, then who will I show off with !!! Ahah LOL I had bought a beautiful mug last week, along with Belgian biscuits (that my mom's mom used to buy -not that brand, but that kind of biscuits-), and the boys drew something for her too.Now I'll have to sew a card before she arrives (in less than an hour ...) & wrap the whole pack ... so I better go or she'll be here before everything is ready ... eeeek !!! I just cooked, tidied up & cleaned, I also have to hang the laundry to dry ... hurry hurry hurry .... aaaagh !
Have a great day everyone ! Big hugs OXOXO

Comments

  1. that's a lovely gift for your Mum, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it Sonia. :) How nice to have her staying with you for a week.

    Just catching up with yesterday's post too. You are a determined thing to continue with the washing up with soap. Why won't I try? Because I do as much as I can other ways to help the environment (from walking and refusing to learn to drive, not having a tumble drier and saying 'no' each time Bill offers to get one, refusing plastic bags at the supermarket - even for things like loose onions and lemons - recycling glass, paper, card, plastic, even our garden and kitchen waste,and I never EVER leave anything on 'standby', things are always switched right off if not in use) so I think I can continue to use washing up liquid and sponges with a fairly clear conscience. And I always re use my used sponges for other things, and recycle the washing up bottle too. So I'm not too bad at all. Plus I often buy the eco cleaning products. Every little helps. :O)

    Well, her ladyship has woken up early today, so I must be off. The weather has certainly turned back to autumnal here, it's grey, cold, very windy, chilly and rainy. I love it! Have a lovely day, enjoy your time with your Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pincushion! The fabric is so lovely. And the cup looks lovely too.
    I hope you will have wonderful time with your mum there.
    Hugs! Annaxx and family xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my those are just beautiful! i love them ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !