Stamps, Blocks, Books & Boys

Quite a funny title, uh ?! :D
First ... Stamps. This sheet of paper shows you all the stamps I carved during my vacations (except the house/heart big logo + Cozy Memories words) I'll have to make one of them again as it broke during the trips, ouch. I'm pretty happy with them, and love their handmade look.Then ... Blocks. I brought back from inlaws' a set of block, a game that was one of Chris' and his brother, in the very early 80's. I love love their vintage look, and will use them as decoration, somewhere in the appartment.Then ... Books. I had ordered books before we left on vacations, as some could be delivered only after 3 weeks. I bought two yesterday for the boys. (poetry & proverbs from around the world) I'm happy to have a little stock of easy reading. (Country Living, Victoria, Autumn in the Country Gooseberry Patch book) Pleasant reading, soothing, relaxing. I know, I know, I said yesterday we'd buy less, and I guess these books will be the only ones for August. Books kind of enter a special category, don't you think ? They're not jewelry or clothes, handbags or toys.
And, finally ... Boys. This morning, P had his very first visit at the dentist's. He was happy & confident, and we're proud to report that there is no cavity. He'll only have to brush his teeth more efficiently. The boys have been good all day & I'm proud of them. They played together a lot, with pleasure, and I love, I adore to see them like that. That's very gratifying.
Tomorrow I plan to bake prune/oatflakes muffins, to have for breakfast the next few days. It'd been a month since I baked, so the only idea feels good to me. Can't wait. The weather was nice today, sunny & mild, a bit windy. I'm trying to enjoy the rest of summer (officially for the next two months !!) but I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for autumn, as it could arrive in a wink of an eye. (just like last year) And autumn can last for sooooo long ! I've changed so much (mentally speaking) that now, I try to take advantage of the good things of each season, and try to turn the "bad" (or worse) ones into something good or pleasant. I know, that's a bit vague ... I'm a bit craving autumn, and winter/Xmas too ... Aaaah ... cozyness ...
OK, gotta go now. I hope you all are having a nice day !!! Hugs OXOXOX

Comments

  1. Oh wow Sonia!! I love all of the pictures. What great stamps!! You did wonderful with those!! I also love the pictures of the boys playing with the train!! How fun.
    The blocks are gorgeous!! Great post, thank-you for sharing!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stamps are awesome Sonia, and the blocks, and everything! I'm loving visiting your blog...you've always got such good stuff on here!

    Lotsa hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo Sonia, the stamps are so fab, what great designs.

    I love the blocks, you just can't beat vintage toys. They boys look so cute.

    I agree its ok to buy books, and for every new book, I buy some second hand, then everyones happy (mostly me, ha!)

    Autumn is my favourite time of year I love the evenings closing in, the wind in our hair, the warm change of colours in nature, the build up to christmas, new scarves/gloves/coats/boots.

    Im blabbering, I've missed you, ha! love your postXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia! How wonderful to make your own stamps! The blocks are so cute- they do look vintage but I have to laugh at the thought of the 80's being vintage! ;) The lavender felt pictures would make great sachets with lavender inside! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coucou Sonia!
    Ca fait longtemps maintenant que j'ai été sur le net, mais nous sommes revenues (Blentarpians)!! :) The past year and a half has been sort of a bumpy ride, but we are now back again with a new name and a new blog :) I love the stamps you have made, I can tell you are still crafty as ever, and I am certainly looking forward to reading up on your latest news! Lovely photo of the boys playing together, they are just adorable!! Anyway, I am off now to read through your posts! Passes une bonne soirée ma Sonia, gros bisou de la Suède

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you were a little busy on your vacation!haha! I love the bee and honeycomb stamp! Hooray for P at the dentist! I have to take Gavin soon. Im not worried though, he LOVES to brush his teeth every night. We're working on every morning too. Muffins sound good! Have fun baking! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !