Lavender & Eco Living

Thanks so much for visiting, dear friends & visitors, I missed you (and your presence) so much, you know. I wish I had posted more during my vacations, but thinking about it now, these were true vacations & it wouldn't have been the same if I had posted everyday, you see what I mean, right ?
During my vacations, I was a little bit inspired (yeepie) & made two batches of linzer heart shaped felt cookies, three batches of felt cinnamon sticks, and two mini felt pics. I hope to list almost everything this evening, once the boys will be sleeping. I'm rather MUCH pleased with one of the two mini felt pics, and hope to make other in the same spirit ASAP. Look ...I am pleased to say that during these long vacations, the boys & I have changed. They grew up (I find they're more mature than before we left, P is even more polite than he used to be, he's more confident, so is his little bro', they care more about nature & the protection of Nature & our ressources, P "accepts" more my signs of affection/love for him -yes, you read it right- ... lots of things changed, indeed) & I have changed too, I can feel it now we're back home. After what we lived with my parents (I'll tell more about that later), I have learned quickly to "count my blessings" & to enjoy my life to the fullest, to be proud of what I'm doing with/for my children & what I'm living with them everyday, and everything I teach them or bring them. I think I'm more "zen" (don't like this term, it's too often used, I think), I've grown up a bit too, I think. I'm more aware of lots of things, and also realized that I wasn't "active" enough. I think a lot of (good, clever) things, but don't always do all I could do to make them true/real. This is going to change. This is changing. First ... eco living speaking. I asked my MIL how she washed the dishes when she was young & she told me she used soap (Savon De Marseille) So I have decided that once I'll have finished my liquid (though already eco friendly) detergent, I will switch to soap. Then I'll see how it works. I've been re-using envelopes for several months now. I bought balls to throw in the washing machine, to use less detergent too & plan to spy my machine & swap the softener by vinegar or sodium bicarbonate. We have plan to stop buying bottled water, to drink less coffee, to buy less too.OK, gotta go now. Big hugs to all !!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that is simply wonderful! Are you going to put these in your shop!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    Better go. The husband is going to "burn" the creme brulee, and I need to make sure he will not burn the house :)

    Love! Ananxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia, you write so wonderfully. I'm so loving the way you discribed how positive you feel about things since re-charging from your holiday. Isn't it weird how many things we do just because that's the way we've always done things (detergents, not recycling as much as possible), we can be sheep can't we?

    Gosh I love LOVE your pictures, gosh they're great, just fantastic, so beautiful and the detail is tremendous, so inspiring.

    So glad your back sweetie, missed you loadsXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonia...you take such beautiful pictures! Are you a professional photographer? You should be!

    Just out blog hopping and wanted to stop in and say HI! Hope you're having a great week.

    Lotsa hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia!! I love the mini felt's!! Those are so cute!!!!
    Have a nice week sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures! Like always! You have really inspired me! I was just visiting Anna too and you both are clearly giving me a message! More active and count my blessings! Time goes by too fast. Thanks friend!Love the felts! The little bee is so cute! I think he makes the piece! Im in a bit of a lavender mood lately. Ive been burning lavender scented candles, looking at lavender themed paintings, Putting lavender sachets in the closet. Time to go to bed. Lotsa Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !