Yesterday afternoon was finally sunny & warm (today is grey & mild/chill, uh) so I decided to walk to Disneyland with the boys. On our way we could see little things such as wildflowers, insects of all sorts, fruits & berries (blackberries that the boys ate on the way) ... 

"Hey Mama !" title simply refers, not the Black Eyed Peas' song (even though I liked it !), but to my two little ones forever calling me for a good or a less good reason ... uuuuh goodness, these days (I know, the last days of vacation, with them, so I won't complain too much, I know), managing all the housework (and goodness, there is always so much to do !), and trying to update this blog WHILE trying to keep them busy, is NO easy task & it takes me ages to add anything here. (I won't even talk about the graphic site or the Etsy shop, I can forget about it until they're both at school)In the meantime, apart from the housework & (neverending, specially when you're sans car) shopping for food (by foot, which is always an occasion for a walk with the boys), I decided to make Salt Dough with the boys this afternoon. I don't know who had the more fun, me or them !! LOL I had never done salt dough with them, but I'll definitely do that again, specially on rainy Wednesday or holiday vacations ... and I'll try to get some other materials like varnish) That was quite a mess, specially with the brown carpet, but that was worth, it kept them (uh, us) busy for a good while ! At the beginning, my hands played by themselves & a little fellow appeared ...

For those who don't know how to make salt dough, here is the very easy & cheap recipe ...SALT DOUGH
one cup of fine salt
one cup of flour
about half a cup of water
I'll refer to this page for lots more details & ideas : http://www.multihobbies.com/saltdough/
I'll stop for now, the boys are going nut & I need to find something for them to do ... watercolors ... yesss ... wish me luck & let's talk about it tomorrow !! Have a great rest of the day, sweeties !! OXOXO big hugs !
PS : thanks so much for the kind words & general support concerning the new blog/website design !! *Ü* I'm so blessed to have you all !
PS2 : Today was Tasha Tudor's birthday (she passed away this year, unfortunately), so I'm inviting you to visit these sites if you enjoyed her & her work :
- Tasha Tudor & Family
- Turkey Feather's today post
- My Cozy Little Whimsy Nook's today post (and she's hosting a great giveaway !)
- StoryBook Woods' today post
- Author Fiesta (lots of links there)
good idea salt dough
ReplyDeleteit's very funny for children !
What a lovely day you've had. We too love making play dough, it's fun to add food colouring.
ReplyDeleteI just love your photos, you definately have a talent there. Take care, much love ClareXX
Hi Sonia,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry I haven't been around to visit recently. I finally posted on my blog last night. I have missed all of my online friends very much.
I remember making salt dough with my kids, they loved playing with it. We would add food coloring to it as well. ;)
Take care sweetie.
xxxx