Yep, today is both the last day of school {and, yes, insert a good couple of tears from me, here - but don't ask why - I don't know myself}, and the day Grandma (my mom) comes to visit us for a long week.
Yesterday I was busy like a bee, with the boys at home, plus that we didn't walk out of the appartment, for various reasons, and that the weather was smuggy, so that made excited kids & an even more excited mom. (who did her best to get the housework -among other things- done WHILE keeping two boys busy, at home) Today the weather is grey & much chiller than it should be for a 3rd of July. I'm totally OK with that, it's just that the change with Tuesday's heat is radical. (and I hope noone will get a cold because of that !) I did iron, even though not as much as I would have liked, but that's OK. Did lots of small & big things, in the appartment & with the boys, that I'm happy with that.
My sweet hubby's been buried with work of different kinds, and I feel SO bad for him. For us to get some extra euros (because, YES, we do need them, I don't work -sorry, I don't have a salary myself, that's different- , and life around Paris is expensive, and a couple of other details too long to describe here), he writes articles in law themed magazines, and will have to go to Corsica for work (like last February, and like last year if some of you remember) from Monday 07th to Friday 11th. Life is going to be a bit weird, without him, and I'm going to miss him TONS, but 5 days is quite short. Last year he left for 11 days & it was a bit tougher. Hopefully my mom will be here (she'll arrive in an hour from the moment I'm typing this) & I hope to have lots of things done, like going to the hairdressers' for instance. (yuck, it's been two whole months & my cut doesn't look like anything anymore now !)
Sorry I don't have any pic to share today. OK, I'm short on time this morning, so I'll make it short. Off to hang the clothes to dry. As usual. Have a great day today !
Yesterday I was busy like a bee, with the boys at home, plus that we didn't walk out of the appartment, for various reasons, and that the weather was smuggy, so that made excited kids & an even more excited mom. (who did her best to get the housework -among other things- done WHILE keeping two boys busy, at home) Today the weather is grey & much chiller than it should be for a 3rd of July. I'm totally OK with that, it's just that the change with Tuesday's heat is radical. (and I hope noone will get a cold because of that !) I did iron, even though not as much as I would have liked, but that's OK. Did lots of small & big things, in the appartment & with the boys, that I'm happy with that.
My sweet hubby's been buried with work of different kinds, and I feel SO bad for him. For us to get some extra euros (because, YES, we do need them, I don't work -sorry, I don't have a salary myself, that's different- , and life around Paris is expensive, and a couple of other details too long to describe here), he writes articles in law themed magazines, and will have to go to Corsica for work (like last February, and like last year if some of you remember) from Monday 07th to Friday 11th. Life is going to be a bit weird, without him, and I'm going to miss him TONS, but 5 days is quite short. Last year he left for 11 days & it was a bit tougher. Hopefully my mom will be here (she'll arrive in an hour from the moment I'm typing this) & I hope to have lots of things done, like going to the hairdressers' for instance. (yuck, it's been two whole months & my cut doesn't look like anything anymore now !)
Sorry I don't have any pic to share today. OK, I'm short on time this morning, so I'll make it short. Off to hang the clothes to dry. As usual. Have a great day today !
Wishing you a wonderful time with your mother! I am sure the boys must be so excited too! :)
ReplyDeleteI understand you, what with your husband leaving short term. My husband took on a restoration job near the border of Spain, and the drive is about 4 hours, so he stays there in a hotel for the week instead. It is awful when he is not here :( But having a large family costs a lot of money...
I will be thinking about you all, hoping you will all have the loveliest time!
Lovelove! Annax
Hi Sonia! That's wonderful that your mom will be with you this week! I'm sure she enjoys the time with you and the boys. Sorry that Chris is so buried with work and that he'll be away for 5 days. I'm used to Jeff being at work a lot and I kind of likeit. I get to do my own thing and not haveto cook! ;) But, then he's home for 4 days in a row and that's nice. too. We're best friends. Hope you get to the hair salon for a fresh cut- that'll perk you right up! ;) (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete