Been A Busy & VERY Crafty Week !

Indeed, it's been quite an efficient crafty week ! We finished the other summer tote (in blue, and FOR ME !) LOLHere is a close-up on the (free-hand) embroidery I made on the matching pouch.We also made two matching small pouch (with long strap to wear across the shoulder) for when I want to bring only the camera & some tissues. Perfect, it couldn't be better !
Yesterday was sunny & warm, and we had a thunderstorm in the evening. And now the weather had come back to its chill little self & it's windy & grey. Typical over here ! We should prepare ourselves to the heat as it's quite hot in the south (where we're going on vacation)
Yesterday I even found the time to make a little pouch for a friend, and it was shipped this morning. I have also changed the general deco at my Etsy shop , and have decided to use the little "heart-in-home" logo I carved in an eraser. I absolutely love it.
Leaving for three weeks meant for me getting very organized this past week, to use every fresh food we had (until the last will be used tomorrow), to have almost 100% of our clothes washed, dried & ironed (quite a trick, I tell you ! Thanks so much mom for the helping hand !) But, in the end, I think everyone should do what I did this week, from time to time. I shopped for food VERY FEW this week, almost nothing. Trying to "use what you have" in your fridge, your cupboard & fruit basket, for a week (or a little less), can be tricky (I must admitt), but ... I assure you that you may end with imaginative meals (probably unusual, but not less tasty, I promise) This is what will remain in our fridge for the 3 next weeks (if you removed what we'll eat tomorrow) : butter, mustard, harissa (mashed sun-dried hot peppers from Tunisia), jams & jellies, prunes, black olives, diet Coke, mint syrup, strawberry syrup. And there aren't tons of things in our cupboard neither. Which is great, I think ! (it will means good shopping in August !) For lunch today I used what I had (remnants of puff pastry -I used to make sausage rolls for the boys at lunch & for my mom & I for dinner, her in the train & me alone- & leftovers of anchovies, and I made very simple, though very yummy & tasy "anchovies puff rolls" ... that's how I called them !I know, they have quite a .... weird shape, but that wasn't intended, that's how I made them ... twisting anchovies (they come from conserves, in oil) with puff pastry. (I "painted" them with milk -by lack of egg !- before cooking them for 10mn at 210°C)
My mom will leave in two hours from now. Chris will leave Corsica at approx. the same moment ! We all had a great week with her this past week. Don't know exactly when she'll come back again. I know my inlaws will come Oct. 03rd to 11th. The boys will be back to school early September & I wouldn't like them to be a bit disturb because she'll be here, so ... really, I don't know when she'll be able to visit again. :s
Before she left, we treated ourselves with Belgium chocolates ... mmm (don't think we stuffed ourselves this week ... my mom lost four kilos -unbelievable- this week !)Though we'll leave tomorrow evening only, I think I won't post an entry tomorrow. But I probably will on Sunday.
OK, gotta go now. Time is flying & I've been busy like a busy bee. (and it's not finished yet ! I have to wait till Chris will be back with our biggest suitcase for me to pack Chris & I's stuff, tomorrow) Hopefully we'll have most of the day to pack all the rest. And getting everything ready to leave for 3 weeks. Phew, what a task ! Big hugs to all ! OXOX

Comments

  1. Oh Sonia
    I love your bag, the shape, the fabric and the embroidery on the matching pouch.

    The lemon broach in beautiful, what a fabby idea.

    The anchovie puff rolls really made me giggle.

    Bet your sweet boys will miss your mum, its hard when you havent got extended family near to watch your children grow.

    Your heart in the home stamp on your etsy page is (thinking of another word for lovely...)esquisite,

    Have a wonderful holiday,

    best, ClareXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia! I'm sure you loved having your mom visit and it looks like it was a very crafty week! The summer tote is very pretty- love the color and pattern. I hope you have a wonderful vacation! 3 weeks will be a nice long time. I'll miss you but it sounds like you may try and post now and then? (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia sweetie :) Good heavens....you've had such a busy week with your Mum (I had to go back and catch up with all you've been doing). I love the new bags you've been making....the colours are wonderful! I'm sure you'll really enjoy using them while you are on holiday :) I hope you have a wonderful time with your parents and inlaws in the South.
    Isn't it challenging to use up everything you have in the fridge and not run out! You've done amazingly well though....good for you! Hope you have safe travels and speak soon :) Lots of love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia! Hope you have a wonderful time! Glad to hear you had a nice visit from your mom! That bag is so cute you made! I'm still working on the salon. I am getting close to being finished. I'll email you soon! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya honey!!!!! I have just wondered over to your etsy shop for the first time...Iknow, I am a little slow. I got to looking around there and oh my...mayhap Ishould NOT have went there yet. Just what I need...another obsession.

    Have a good one hon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !