Six Years Ago


Six years ago, I was in a bed, in hospital, in Mende (in the most rural part of France). The evening before, I had been, with Chris & his mom, on a hill very close to the house we rented, picking (and eating right away) wild strawberries on the wayside. Picking those wild strawberries will remain a memory as strong as when I gave birth to P. Around 01am on June 24th 2002, I had to go to the toilet (simply to pee) when I lost probably a single little drop of blood. (and nothing else) My MIL woke up & at the sight of the drop of blood, went waking Chris a bit violently (compared to the size of the drop, I mean) & off we went to the hospital. I got stronger & stronger contractions as the night & morning passed by. I must have gotten an epidural by 10am, and at 12.30pm, P was born. It was 32°C in the birth room, the A/C was broken (this part I also remember because it brought quite a lot of discomfort at that precise time !) He was so beautiful from the beginning, and breastfeeding like a champ from the very first moment. :) My first wonder.
Six years have passed, oh my, it's not fair that time passes so quickly. You are so tall now (1,20m ... and I'm 1,55m !!) and so smart too ! You know how to read almost perfectly, you are wiser than most of your fellows & I'm an extremely proud mama. You are very sensitive, and not always in the good ways, but I won't blame you too much, you're exactly like me. I hope to help you becoming a respectful, loving, caring, smart young man. :) Happy Birthday, my love !
Ahem, now ... this is a pic of the birdbath I managed to make yesterday ... I think it looks simple but cute. I hope birds will enjoy coming there & drinking a bit ! :) You can use that simple idea yourself, I think it's quite an eco-friendly idea, if you use terracotta pots. Now, I'm off to bake a loooot of muffins, for P to bring to school this afternoon, to celebrate his bday with his teachers & fellows. :) Have a great day everyone !

Comments

  1. Hi Sonia! What a lovely and vivid memory. P sounds like such a delightful child. You are well on your way to raising the type of young man you speak of! Enjoy the day and I hope bird friends come for a swim! ;) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when people say you forget the small details after giving birth, they are so wrong. A mama never forgets a single thing. It's interesting reading how others went in to labour, and how they reacted. I was so determined to stay at home for as long as possible, so didn't leave for the hospital until after 9, little one was born three and a half hours later! (yes, I am aware it was different for you, being out in such a rural area, the importance of getting to hospital early was greater).

    Ah, nothing so wonderful as becoming a Mum. It's something to cherish, that's for sure.

    I hope P had a wonderful birthday.
    Your little bird baths are so sweet. Hope they get well used.

    Have a lovely day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories are the most beautiful! Such a lovely photograph! My memories are so vivid and alive too. And time does go by so quickly :(

    Thank you so much for sending me the wonderful pictures via my etsy! It made me so happy to see such a lovely smile! You are the best!

    The time is going by faster and faster now. The heat is incredible around here, and we have so many visitors. There will be little to no online time for a while :(

    Just to let you know I am here, and will pop by when I can. Planning long email in next couple of days.

    Sending much love and hugs your way!!
    Annax and family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!
    Isn't that the most beautiful and
    touchable photo ever I seen!!
    Sonia, thanks you for lovely pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sonia, wee little baby P ... my heart skipped a beat, I think, so sweet! How fast they grow, my friend, how fast they grow .... please, tell him a Happy Birthday from Indiana, USA and treat yourself well this week, mama. The moms to a june bug club is a pretty good one :-)

    very cool idea for the bird baths. I should do something like that as our birdies keep using the kids wading pool :-D

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !