Happy new week everyone ! Another week, another busy week ! Didn't I tell you that the busier I was the more productive I seemed to be ? Just as if I hadn't enough to do these days, I was asked by my older son P (6 in two weeks) to sew the robot he had just drawn, with felt. (yes, he knows what he wants !)
Of course I was honored that he thought I was able enough to make this for me, and I said "yes sweetheart, I'll do it for you". I just told him that I wasn't a robot myself & that it might take a while before I had it done. And before going to bed yesterday evening, he told me "you have until next Sunday to make it". Awwww ... sweet. :) Melted my heart ! Where was I ? Uh, yes, so yesterday evening, very late, I drew what would become my pattern. I looked for the right colors in my stash of felt, and cut the right pieces.
I worked on it around lunchtime & sewed it faster than I thought ... it's all done now, but he'll have the surprise when he'll come home after school this afternoon. I added a loop for him to hang it to his bed.(it's filled with polyfill)
Of course, U drew a robot himself around lunchtime too (while I was sewing) ... and guess what he asked me to do ? Sew his own robot of course !!! Eheh !
Also wanted to show you a card I sewed yesterday evening. Had fun making this dimensional card.(it's stuffed with polyfill)
The sun has finally decided to show & after a rainy & grey & chill weekend (and last two weeks too !), it feels so good to wear short sleeves tops ! Now it feels a bit like summer ! (which is around the corner !) Have a great start to the new week, my friends ! OXOXO
Of course I was honored that he thought I was able enough to make this for me, and I said "yes sweetheart, I'll do it for you". I just told him that I wasn't a robot myself & that it might take a while before I had it done. And before going to bed yesterday evening, he told me "you have until next Sunday to make it". Awwww ... sweet. :) Melted my heart ! Where was I ? Uh, yes, so yesterday evening, very late, I drew what would become my pattern. I looked for the right colors in my stash of felt, and cut the right pieces.
I worked on it around lunchtime & sewed it faster than I thought ... it's all done now, but he'll have the surprise when he'll come home after school this afternoon. I added a loop for him to hang it to his bed.(it's filled with polyfill)
Of course, U drew a robot himself around lunchtime too (while I was sewing) ... and guess what he asked me to do ? Sew his own robot of course !!! Eheh !Also wanted to show you a card I sewed yesterday evening. Had fun making this dimensional card.(it's stuffed with polyfill)
The sun has finally decided to show & after a rainy & grey & chill weekend (and last two weeks too !), it feels so good to wear short sleeves tops ! Now it feels a bit like summer ! (which is around the corner !) Have a great start to the new week, my friends ! OXOXO
The robot is just soooo lovely! Such a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI also love the strawberry card! I have been making 3D cards myself lately with different shapes, and I just love them!
Will email later.... time to shower the kidlets and story time! Love!
Hi there! Finally getting around to making some visits :) I still need to read back a few entries to catch up, but I wanted to say hi while the kids are playing quietly for the moment!
ReplyDeleteThe robot you made for P is simply adorable! How did he like it? I'm sure he was thrilled :)
We are just getting back into the swing of things here after our trip. Will is back a work today, so I'm trying to get back into housework, and laundry.
Hope you are having a wonderful start to the week! Love & hugs xxx
The robot is great, how lucky P is to have a mummy who will make up his design for him!
ReplyDeleteIt's been too hot to work here today, hoping it will cool down a bit over the next few days :)
Hi Sonia! That's a wonderful robot- love the arms that look like wrenches. Sweet of you to bring it to life for P! You'll be busy doing that from now on, I'll bet! ;) Have a wonderful week ahead! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete