First Sunday Of Summer '08

Wow, this was a full weekend indeed ! Even though we stayed at home yesterday, we all did a lot ! My sweet hubby let me sleep longer yesterday (9am ... a record !!!) as we had all gone to bed very late the day before. Then he went jogging, and then I went too. After having a shower & breakfast, I had a load of laundry washed, other clothes handwashed, I made some blog visits, we played a lot with the boys (he went buying bread with them, which left we some time for me - and for hanging the clothes to dry, for instance) I cleaned a lot, washed the dishes, unloaded the dishwasher & re-loaded it, I changed the cushions on the sofa for more summery colors one, I listed AT LONG LAST (saying this because they were finished since very early May ! LAZY SONIA !) the three Mini Felt Pictures on Etsy ...I proposed the boys some small water games on the balcony... which were truely appreciated as yesterday was some hot day (for here, I mean)Earlier in the afternoon the boys had had a little drawing session, and I found their drawings so beautiful that I decided to frame them (also inspired by Amanda Soule's The Creative Family book, as usual ... what a source of insipiration !) P's drawing (shown below) shows the Pullman train on a bridge. Lovely !All through the day, we had the VERY lovely visit of a Miss/Mrs Sparrow, VERY friendly, always checking the birdfeeder (entering it & almost cleaning it ! LOL). We were SO delighted to have such a cute & loving visitor !! She agreed to have a little phot done :I'm going to make her (and her friends, of course !) a birdbath, using a very clever (and eco-friendly !) idea from Seasonal Delights online magazine. (that my sweet friend Tanya had made me discover last summer ! Thanks Tanya !) It's a VERY good magazine, with NO ad at all, which is very important to me. After we all had a second shower, and after dinner, the boys went to bed, and when Chris & I were alone, I created a little (alcohol free) cocktail (that I named "La Vie En Rose") with remnants of organic raspberries & Lorina Pink Lemonade. That was sooooo romantic & so adorable, we'll do it again & again ! We also used (ate) a very yummy marshmallow (coming from the Netherlands !) that my friend Anna had sent us so nicely !!And, finally, to end the day, as Chris is going to use the computer every night till he'll go to Corsica (July 07th) for his work, I had to find something else to do. So I decided to go through my recipes & find summery ones. I made a list of the meals/foods we'd like to eat this summer, and oh yum, the list was so long ! (lots of them were fruits !) I'm going to look at my US recipe books to find something easy & yummy to do to celebrate July 04th. (we're not American, but it's kind of fun -and for the boys as well- to celebrate other cultures' traditions, right ? And it's a good way to eat things you usually don't cook/bake/make for lunch)Phew, what a long entry today ! I wonder if I'll have time to post tomorrow as I'll be baking muffins (among other things !) for P to bring to school to celebrate his bday. (tomorrow is the real day) Lots to do then, so I don't know if I'll manage to squeeze some blog time. I'll see. I wish you all a great new week !! Thanks for visiting & reading my little life. :)

Comments

  1. certainly was a busy weekend Sonia. Did you know you can order SD Quarterly as a hard copy too? I bought the Autumn one last year, and it is charming. Not as think as the normal mags in the shops, but still charming and inspirational just the same. I spy The Cozy Home Cookbook. That's one of my favourte GP books, if not my favourite. I love that it's so seasonal.

    Well, have a good if busy day. The weather here is most satisfactory (for Not a Summer Person - like me), the sun is out, but it's breezy and the cloud scuds over to cover the sun when it gets too hot. I hope it stays like this all summer long, it's delightful.

    ;o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'think' should read 'thick'. I ought to slow down and proof read as I go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia! Sounds likle you had a lovely weekend! Framing the boys' masterpieces is a great idea! :) Your post about the 4th of July made me remember a page I made years ago with recipes for the 4th. It's here if you want to see:

    http://millsfamilyhomepage.com/4thpicnic.html

    Have a wonderful week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia! You had a very busy weekend! It looked like so much fun too! We had the boys baseball game Saturday and I FINALLY go tmy little garden done. Im sore today! We have had such lovely weather the last few days. Warm and sunny! I have those same Gooseberry Patch cookbooks! They have some very yummy recipes! Well Im off to get some cleaning done! Lotsa hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the water play and P's picture is adorable, what a little artist he is! Happy Birthday to P!
    Hope you've had a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !