Bed Linen & Xmas In June

{ As usual, now, this is my second post (remember, we're Friday !!!) LOL so please scroll down if you haven't read the 1st one}

I have some time to kill before bringing P to school (what the hell am I saying ?!!) so here I am again. Because I had other things to talk about & wanted to share before I totally forget. OK so here I am again !
Bed Linen, first. I love bed linen, I really do. There is a real love story bewteen me & all these beautiful pillow cases & duvet covers. One of the things I prefer is a freshly made bed. Mmmmmm ... I was thinking about it & thought that the only persons who can enjoy that special feeling of entering a bed with fresh smelling sheets & that "clean" feeling ... could only be the persons who actually change the bed linens ! There is so much work behind a freshly made bed ! Changing the sheets, putting them to wash, putting them to dry, folding them, ironing them, and putting them back in their closet. Until the moment you'll have to change them again, which happens quite regularly. I do enjoy when we can afford excellent quality bed linen, and I never buy bad quality ones. We have Laura Ashley's (lots) & Sanderson's (one - the one shown on the next photo), and the most expensive ones were bought during the summer sales, several years ago. We're supposed to keep bed linen for many many years so quality has to be here if you want to keep them for long !Now I do enjoy to buy good bed linens for the boys, and Zara Homes makes so cute ones ... I loved getting these ... isn't it cute & pretty ?!Do YOU enjoy a freshly made bed ? Do you like bed linen ? (like I do, I mean ?)

Now Christmas in June ... I'm off to put the two mugs from Bodum (the red & the green ones I showed some days ago) with the rest of the Xmas stuff ... and I thought it would be fun to show one of the several boxes of Xmas stuff we have around, in the closets, or under the bed, like this one ...Isn't it very fun when during a cold or rainy spring/summer/autumn day, you can watch a Xmas DVD or read a Xmas book, or listening to Xmas music, while drinking a hot cocoa ? Mmmmm ... I do enjoy these kinds of days !! Don't you too ? I don't know why, but this year, I have Xmas in a corner of my mind, right now, in June. (do you think I am crazy ?!)
OK, this time I'm off to bring P to school, so gotta go. Here they are, my two treasures, my two train lovers ... Train tracks right in the middle of the hall ...

Comments

  1. yes, I have a love of bedlinen (Bill thinks I'm obsessed), but also of fabric in general. And I totally agree that if you are the one who changes the sheets, then you will appreciate it more. I think there is nothing more scrumptious than a nice bath, clean jim jams, and getting into a lovely freshly made bed. The sound of the rustling it makes and the smell from the washing powder, everything about it is just cosy and happy. It's even better if it's raining outside and you have a good book or magazine to read too. Bliss.

    And yes, you know me, I can ooze a love of Christmas at any time of the year, any day, any hour! I must be nutty too!

    I can hear little one calling, I must scoot.
    Have a lovely day. Ooh, I need to quickly read your earlier diary entry.
    :O)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia!! I love bed linens and a freshly made bed also. My cousin says I am a sheet snob, I only have expensive linens. I do not have expensive everything, but I do enjoy my bed linens.
    Have a great weekend sweetie. (BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia! I always think of France as having extra special linens. I love the bedding we have on our bed- it's Ralph Lauren and I have 3 changes of sheets for the duvet and shams that I have... and dust ruffle. Cute photos of the kids and it was fun to see P & U's teachers. It is a bittersweet feeling to see your little ones grow up. Have a great Father's Day weekend! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia,
    Yes indeed I do know the bitter sweetness of end of term....I get so many kind and very moving letters from parents which always serve to reinforce how important you all value your child's first teacher. With the class I have now I would dearly love to teach them again next year as they're such little sponges ... hope you understand that description :)
    You have some beautiful bed linen, I love both Laura Ashley and Sanderson, Dorma do beautiful stuff too. When I get a new set I have to have it on all the time, so it means a quick turn round of being washed, dried, ironed and back on the bed!
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !