My Favorite Spot

This is my favorite spot at the moment : my sewing machine. I rearranged the way this corner of the living room (where the sewing machine resides) was, some weeks ago, and I feel very happy I changed it, because this way, I can sew & look after the boys, because I face them, and watch them play while I sew. Well, uh, don't expect me to spend three hours a day at the sewing table, though. I grab little moments here & other longer moments there. But, I enjoy every little one. The stuffed strawberries love hasn't left me & I'm so glad I finally got to get crafty for good last week ! I simply love it when I'm feeling creative. It fills my heart with joy !
Today is grey but it's very mild, and this morning was really muggy, yuck. Between 09 & 11, this morning, I managed to hoover, iron, go to the post office, shop for food, so you guess I wasn't feeling very fresh after all that & that muggy-ness. I really wish it rained, it'll bring such a cozy feeling to the day.
On Friday the boys will be spend the day with their whole school at the circus. They'll even eat there ! They're supposed to leave at 07.45am & will be back at 04.30pm. I guess it'll be the first & only time I'll have a whole day for myself, all alone. I'm going to miss them awfully & oh my I'm going to feel lonely, but I'm going to prepare a list of things to do. The kind of things I never get the time to make because I'm too short on time. I think my list is going to be loooooooooong, eh eh eh ! LOL
OK, here is the translated recipe of the Raspberry-White Chocolate Chips Muffins ... mmm

RASPBERRY + WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS MUFFINS
makes 24 mini muffins (or 12 medium muffins)

ingredients :
275 g self-raising flour
100 g flour
2 eggs
115 g brown sugar (+ a little bit to sprinkle on the muffins before cooking)
250 ml milk
120 g melted butter (unsalted)
a little bit of vanilla sugar
150 g raspberries
white chocolate chips as much as you want

Preheat the oven at 200/220°C ~ 400/425°F.
Either grease your muffin molds with melted butter or oil, or don't grease it, if you own a flexible mold like I do.

In a large bowl, sift the flours & add the sugars, the chocolate chips & the raspberries. Mix in delicately. (because of the raspberries)

Whip the eggs with the milk. Mix in with the dry ingredients (flour + sugars + chocolate + raspberries) with a metal spoon, but DO NOT knead too much.

Melt the butter & mix it in, still NOT kneading much. The dough must be irregular & full of lumps !
The success of making muffins resides in making the dough very irregular & not kneading it much !

Fill your molds (3/4 of each - to let the muffins rise) with a teaspoon (easier).
Sprinkle a bit of sugar on each muffin. This way, once melted, the sugar will make a little crust that will prevent the muffin from getting brown. (I found this part myself yesterday !!)
Put in the oven for 15 or 20 mn (200/220°C ~ 400/425°F) until a skewer/knife hammered inside a muffin goes out totally dry & clean.
I prefer not to bake them too much because it keeps them moist.

OK, time for me to leave, U is waking from nap. Have a great start to the new week !!

Comments

  1. Lots to read since I last visited! You have been so busy and creative :) First of all, I loved getting a sneaky peek into the boys school to see the crafts they've been doing. The Elmers look so cute but I couldn't make it what else was there unfortunately (I love seeing and getting ideas from other classrooms!).
    I'm glad I was able to inspire you with the pizzas.....they look almost identical except that the plates I had to use were white which isn't as nice as the pizza coloured ones you used, oh and I got my kids to paint on 'tomato paste' with red paint :) Ooh and we used yellow wool for the cheese.
    You managed to make my absolute favourite muffins by adding white chocolate!! Do you have Cafe Nero over there? That's the sort of muffin I have when we go for lattes there, yum!
    Have a lovely evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe sounds very yummy! i wonder if it would turn out okay with splenda with brown sugar...hmmm. i hope that you are well!

    ~toni

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !