Books Recommandations No.1

Most of you must know that I'm an avid children books lover. We have in this appartment more books than you could imagine. I adore more particularly the illustrations (and the illustratORS !) So, from time to time, I'll take some out of the shelves & will share them with you, in case you don't know them yet. Along with a pic of a page taken out of it. Let's go.

The Lonely Scarecrow, by Tim Preston, illustrated by Maggie Kneen, ISBN 0525460802


Let's Go Home, the wonderful things about a house, by Cynthia Rylant, illustrated by Wendy Anderson Halperin, ISBN 1416908390


Thank You, Little Mouse ! by Dugald Steer, illustrated by Caroline Anstey, ISBN 0760773149


The Toy Hospital, by & illustrated by Elaine Mills, ISBN 0749738197

Well, except this ... we spent the day today in Paris. It was a bank day & it was HOT today in Paris. I guess the pollution makes it even hotter. (yuck) It was unusually hot for the season. It's like we jumped from early spring temps (before we left on vacations) to early summer temps (this past week), which is a bit amazing to me. Don't get me started on the temps in the trains (or in the "métro", the Parisian underground) ... it was unbearable sometimes. Anyway ... the day was great ! Went to several places, and the boys wanted to go see the Eiffel Tower, so we went there, but don't expect us to wait for hours to visit it. NO WAY. Specially with this heat !


walking to the Eiffel Tower ...

I posted some other pics on my Flickr too.

Tomorrow Chris is working, but the boys have school off. I'll go to the mall with them for some errands, but will try to do lots of little things with them, and will do my best to squeeze ironing between two activities ... *Ü*
I hope you're all doing fine. Have a great end of the week.

Comments

  1. Thanks for your comments on my photos dear Sis! The flowers are a variety of Verbena, that's why they look so much like Lantanas which are almost similar. The books are so cute, I'm sure the boys love them. They're lucky you're their mom :) I hope you are having a great week, big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia! Jessica's class (1st graders) is studying Europe and yesterday they drew Big Ben and did well with that but today she tried to show them how to draw the Eiffel Tower and she said they had trouble with it! Nice photos and the books look wonderful! You do a great job of finding nice quality books with beautiful illustrations! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful books, thank you for sharing the pictures ... and the pictures for Paris, how lovely!

    I hope that all is well wtih you and your family *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !