thank you

I really have the best readers & friends, I am truely touched by all your amazingly sweet & kind words you say over at Jill's blog ! You know for sure how to make a girl happy & feel loved ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart !

I don't have much to report today, I must say. My mother in law arrived this morning & my husband left this afternoon. He'll be in Corsica (again, and again) for work, until Saturday. I know tim will go fast, between wednesday off school (as they always are for my boys), appointment (haircut on Thursday), errands (Thursday too) ... and of course all the rest at home & some crafts, well, Saturday will be here in no time.

I am in full pincushion making mode, and have made one yesterday, that I listed in the shop this morning. I'm making more simple pincushions, with no embroidery (simply because I don't feel like it these days), and I think I almost love them best this way. I've been browsing my fabric stash (remember I have committed not to buy any fabric in 2011), trying to mix & match prints, colors & materials. For this "first" pincushion made in that spirit, I was inspired by linen & soft colors like peachy pink & greyish blue. This one is all linen except the floral print (cotton).

peachy pink & greyish blue pincushion

I have prepared what to make 6 or 7 pincushions, so you may see them in the next few days if crafting happens indeed. (which I hope so !!)

I hope you are all healthy & safe today. May February treat you well, I really mean this. Start of the new year can be so very tough, demanding, exhausting. I felt like January both passed by fast & on the other side lasted for ages. A bit contradictory, I know, but that's how it felt to me. Anyway. February is the shortest month of the year, so enjoy each day as you can, and make a point of nourishing your soul, your body & your heart. Noone but you will do that for you. So please take care of you.

oxox

S

Comments

  1. For me, January went by like lightening!

    Take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the simplicity of this pincushion makes it even more lovely.

    It can be really nice to let the fabrics 'breath'.

    I love your blog.

    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last sentence has struck such a cord with me today. I have had a very down day but reading your words has snapped me out of it, you are so right, only we can truly take care of ourselves and we should. Thank you. I hope your February is full of magic. Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good suggestion Sonia, I'm feeling the need for nourishment. My hubby is away too, two weeks for him. Sure wish you lived just down the road.

    I like your fabric combinations very much. I too am using what I have, definitely more cost effective :)

    And you deserve every sweet comment you receive!

    Jx

    P.S. My ribbon stash is so organised now you'd be proud of me, next stop our spare room. Not really a room, more of a closet. All of our clothes are there, my overflow textiles, spare musical instruments, shoes, pictures we have no wall space for....... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. each and every one of your pincushions delights me and nourishes my soul . It must be like the opposite of voodoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia! Glad you MIL is there to help you with the boys and keep you company. Remember when we used to have the Pamper Weeks with Sadie? That was fun and made us take the time to do something for ourselves. Particularly important for you young moms who are always doing so much for your kids! Don't forget to take your own advice! ;) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks - I made the decision a few days to do just that - start taking better care of myself - one day at a time....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that kind message! I needed to hear it today. Your pincushions are lovely. I, too, should pledge to buy no fabric in 2011. I have so much to rediscover in my own stash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !