seven squares

I've been industrious, but in the good sense of the word, and inspired to use, mix and match fabrics from my stash.

seven

and before the sun started to go down, today, I had a good little tower, made of seven square pincushions, all ready to be photographed.

my sweet little tower

It's going to take me a little while to get them all ready to be listed, but I'll make sure to have them all on the shelves of the shop before the day is totally over. I tried to give a name to each of them. (please don't laugh, ok ? it's not so easy to find a little name for each of them !!) So here come ...

feels like the 60's

feels like the 60s pincushion


Nostalgy

nostalgy pincushion


Sweet Blossoms

sweet blossoms pincushion


Summer Breeze

summer breeze pincushion


Tea and Cake

tea & cake pincushion


Spring Blossom

spring blossom pincushion


Winter Stem

winter stem pincushion

the back is natural linen (for the seven of them), they feature a handmade wooden button (cut, drilled & waxed with beeswax by a dear friend), and are filled with kapok. (natural, vegetal fiber from the kapok tree)

it feels good to be a bit productive, I tell ya !!!

north or south, east or west, I hope you're all safe from snowstorms & cyclones. Stay safe, well, and happy.

oxox

S

Comments

  1. Oh! So lovely and sweet! Your pincushions are just what every girl needs!
    I have silently read your blog for so long and finally got up the courage to comment. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pincushions, and naming them adds to their charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so beautiful!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful colour combinations! I love the texture of the linen backing and of course the amazing buttons too.

    Isn't the kapok wonderful and squishy soft? I've used it ever since you told me about it, thanks for the tip off. I also now know what all my vintage craft books are talking about. Seems it was the main source for filling at one time until the horrible synthetic fillers came along.

    Have a brilliant weekend :)

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv, luv, luv the pin cushions. I looked for you on a map and WOW - you are South aren't you? I'm a Southern girl too! You are closer to Italy than to Paris unless I'm as map challenged as I think I am. And you are so much closer to the ocean than I am. Color me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if alice were a pincushion it would be spring blossom xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. small patchwork is so satisfying
    very nice
    I am looking forward to the warmer weather.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute and the names are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the wooden button in the middle of each cushion. It's a beautiful little detail. And you did a great job naming each cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You were industrious! They're beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !