I don't know if your weather is grey, rainy & gloomy, or not at all, but I had to share a bit of the sunshine we're still having, and a tiny photo shoot I made with the flower of the sun (Sunflower) ... I'll show you tomorrow why.shape, color, layers, texture, what's not to be inspired by ?
this sunflower was picked by my mom in a field, in south western France, right before she left her summer house (with my dad, of course), a couple of days ago.
as for the little balls I talked about yesterday (found on top of a wall while taking photos of sporophytes, remember ?), here are better photos of them. We came to the conclusion that they were London Plane (Plantanus hispanica) seed balls, which had lost all their seeds. I am absolutely amazed by the structure of it all, the net (or network), it looks like Margie's crochet covered stones.I have to type four different posts over at the dyeing blog, but this won't happen until tonight, so well, I'll tell you here tomorrow if they're all done & ready to show !
wishing you sunshine in your sky & in your heart, today & always
this sunflower was picked by my mom in a field, in south western France, right before she left her summer house (with my dad, of course), a couple of days ago.
as for the little balls I talked about yesterday (found on top of a wall while taking photos of sporophytes, remember ?), here are better photos of them. We came to the conclusion that they were London Plane (Plantanus hispanica) seed balls, which had lost all their seeds. I am absolutely amazed by the structure of it all, the net (or network), it looks like Margie's crochet covered stones.I have to type four different posts over at the dyeing blog, but this won't happen until tonight, so well, I'll tell you here tomorrow if they're all done & ready to show !
wishing you sunshine in your sky & in your heart, today & always










fantastic photos as usual ! such inspiring shapes and colors!! thanks for you kind words over my way xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteoh those phtots of the sunflower were heartache beautiful
ReplyDeleteLove the yellow and sunflowers are my best. The London plane is just amazingly beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I needed that! Grey all day here, but I did manage to get our berry dyeing experiment dry in spite of the low cloud. Can't wait to see your latest dye test results :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteyou are my sunshine!!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhh... I'd love to see these balls in one of your water colours...perhaps when you take a dyeing break?
ReplyDelete