yesterday was a good one, a lovely Sunday at home like I really enjoy !
it started hot & sunny, and as time went by, got overcast & chillier, which I didn't complain about !! (no rain, though)
this is what I/we did yesterday :
- washed a load of laundry
- ironed another one (yay!)
- ironed in the evening the one that was washed this morning (double yay!)
- took photos of the tags & listed them
- baked muffins with U
- while hubby cooked a quiche with P
NOTE TO SELF : must remember to cook/bake with lil ones more often
- washed dishes way too many times !
- had P write a card for a friend (I drew the card)
- finishad a (snail)mail for a friend
- cut my three guys' hair
(& washed mine, but that's too much detail for you !)
- tried to play catch up with friends' blogs / photos
but it's easier said then done !!
- worked out abdos (um, a bit)
- daydreamed
- dusted
- laughed
- danced
- planned
- had my mom on the phone
- blogged (yes, because this post was written yesterday !)
I will share the recipe for the muffins we baked yesterday. They were strawberry + chocolate chips + rolled oats muffins. They turned out moist & delicious. I totally made up the recipe.
ingredients :
175 g flour, sifted ~ I used organic wholewheat
1 egg
9 g baking powder ~ dose for 250g of flour
60 g brown sugar + to sprinkle on top ~ I used organic blonde sugar
150 ml milk ~I used semi-skimmed organic milk
75 g melted butter, unsalted
8 g vanilla sugar
250 g fresh strawberries, rinced & cut into small cubes
100 g dark chocolate chips
75 g rolled oats
preheat the oven at 200/220°C ~ 400/425°F.
either grease your muffin molds with melted butter or oil, or don't grease it, if you own a flexible mold like I do.
in a large bowl, sift the flour & add the sugars, the baking powder, the strawberries, chocolate chips & rolled oats & mix in.
whip the egg with the milk. Mix in with the dry ingredients with a metal spoon, but DO NOT knead too much. The dough must be irregular & full of lumps ! The success of making muffins resides in making the dough very irregular & not kneading it much !
fill your molds (3/4 of each - to let the muffins rise) with a teaspoon (easier).
Sprinkle a bit of sugar on each muffin. This way, once melted, the sugar will make a little crust that will prevent the muffin from getting brown.
Put in the oven for 23-25 mn (200/220°C ~ 400/425°F) but anyway these muffins should be moist because of the strawberries.
enjoy !!
so ... here are the watercolor gift tags that I listed in the shop yesterday afternoon :
thanks for stopping by !!
it started hot & sunny, and as time went by, got overcast & chillier, which I didn't complain about !! (no rain, though)
this is what I/we did yesterday :
- washed a load of laundry
- ironed another one (yay!)
- ironed in the evening the one that was washed this morning (double yay!)
- took photos of the tags & listed them
- baked muffins with U
- while hubby cooked a quiche with P
NOTE TO SELF : must remember to cook/bake with lil ones more often
- washed dishes way too many times !
- had P write a card for a friend (I drew the card)
- finishad a (snail)mail for a friend
- cut my three guys' hair
(& washed mine, but that's too much detail for you !)
- tried to play catch up with friends' blogs / photos
but it's easier said then done !!
- worked out abdos (um, a bit)
- daydreamed
- dusted
- laughed
- danced
- planned
- had my mom on the phone
- blogged (yes, because this post was written yesterday !)
I will share the recipe for the muffins we baked yesterday. They were strawberry + chocolate chips + rolled oats muffins. They turned out moist & delicious. I totally made up the recipe.

STRAWBERRY - CHOCOLATE CHIPS - ROLLED OATS MUFFINS
makes (around) 17 muffins
ingredients :
175 g flour, sifted ~ I used organic wholewheat
1 egg
9 g baking powder ~ dose for 250g of flour
60 g brown sugar + to sprinkle on top ~ I used organic blonde sugar
150 ml milk ~I used semi-skimmed organic milk
75 g melted butter, unsalted
8 g vanilla sugar
250 g fresh strawberries, rinced & cut into small cubes
100 g dark chocolate chips
75 g rolled oats
preheat the oven at 200/220°C ~ 400/425°F.
either grease your muffin molds with melted butter or oil, or don't grease it, if you own a flexible mold like I do.
in a large bowl, sift the flour & add the sugars, the baking powder, the strawberries, chocolate chips & rolled oats & mix in.
whip the egg with the milk. Mix in with the dry ingredients with a metal spoon, but DO NOT knead too much. The dough must be irregular & full of lumps ! The success of making muffins resides in making the dough very irregular & not kneading it much !
fill your molds (3/4 of each - to let the muffins rise) with a teaspoon (easier).
Sprinkle a bit of sugar on each muffin. This way, once melted, the sugar will make a little crust that will prevent the muffin from getting brown.
Put in the oven for 23-25 mn (200/220°C ~ 400/425°F) but anyway these muffins should be moist because of the strawberries.
enjoy !!
so ... here are the watercolor gift tags that I listed in the shop yesterday afternoon :

inspired by almond tree blossoms
inspired by daffodils
inspired by lilac flowers
thanks for stopping by !!
xoxo
Sonia
miam si je pouvais je n'en ferais qu'une bouchée ! (et en plus ils sont aussi beaux qu'ils devaient être bons) les fraises tiennent-elles la cuisson aussi bien que la framboise ?
ReplyDeletetes étiquettes sont vraiment toutes jolies. bravo ! d'ailleurs un certain courrier si gentil reçu vendredi m'a fait si plaisir, mille mercis !
quand aux abdos on veut voir al vidéo ! :P
j'ai eu des soucis d'internet la semaine passée, et je te maile bientôt j'ai beaucoup beaucoup à rattraper !
bonne semaine xoxoxoxo
Mmmmmm. Looks delicious. And I was hungry already :)
ReplyDeleteThe tags are so lovely too, Sonia x
Happy Monday! I will remember this recipe for strawberry season... we still have about a month and a half to wait!
ReplyDeleteYou were a busy girl!
ReplyDeleteI am really loving your tags, sweet girl. And those muffins. I most definitely love those muffins. :)
I think the strawberries like everything else will be two or three weeks early this year so I am book marking this for then.
ReplyDeleteImagine how delicious it would be with wild strawberries.
xo
m
Wonderful Sonia. Sounds like a perfect Sunday. I can almost smell your beautiful muffins too.
ReplyDeleteOhh the muffins look delicious Sonia! Thank you for the recipe. I will try this out next time we have friends visiting. Love your tags!
ReplyDeleteI made this recipe tonight & adapted it for US measurements. I will definitely be making these again and again and again...
ReplyDeletehttp://right-brain-release.blogspot.com/2010/05/strawberry-chocolate-chip-rolled-oat.html