I've been in total coaster making mode since Friday evening. I started a set of four black/white/linen (embroidered) coasters, but ended finishing two out of the four ...I'll finish them this week I suppose.
in the meantime, I started other coasters. Don't ask me why, but I've been feeling like making coasters. No other reason but having fun making them ! I made a set of four coasters made of (blue) chambray & an embroidered (not by me) trim (bought in Paris last year) on one side, and of a salvaged striped fabric (blue, white & red - it used to be a shirt) on the other.and I also made four (identical) teat hemed coasters, that will be sold individually. There was more work on these, as you will see, but I really love them too.all the new coasters I've been making (I mean, except the very first ones I made, with the yellow/orange floral retro fabric) now contain cotton batting, of course.
... they're all in the shop, of course.
so it's really been a prolific weekend, don't you think ? It doesn't seem, like that, but anything I may want to do, may it be coasters, a pincushion, lavender strawberries or anything else, does take time. I try to cut the whole process into different stages, so I don't spend a whole day working on something (which, anyway, CAN'T HAPPEN !), so it seems to me that it take ages to have a little teeny tiny something complete.
I wanted to share something else that a dear friend sent me (well, us, hubby & I) and that we tried today with our coffee, after lunch. Organic dark chocolate with lavender buds (and made in France !). I had a little bit of apprehension, but also like trying new things, so we bite in a square with no fear. Mmmm ... it was really good, I swear, much better than I imagined it would be !and it also made a lovely photo :)
tomorrow is a bank day in France (Easter Monday) so the boys are off school, and we'll be heading to my inlaws'. I won't be blogging tomorrow then. I'll try to play catch up when I'll be back home & that the boys will be in bed. I'll bring embroidery & maybe watercolors there.
as I'm typing this post, I feel I have lots to say, lots to express. I hope you don't mind, I feel like being chatty today.
to my VERY own delight & joy, I feel I've been much more creative, since a couple of months, like I'd never been before. I know it's not going to stop, I don't want it to stop, and on the other hand, I feel I'm torn between too many things I would like to do.
I love to embroider, sew, stamp, and I'll never stop doing these !
I love dyeing fabrics, my little own ways, but I haven't quite yet found the perfect use for them. I know I will, but it hasn't hit me yet.
I would love to find the perfect use for all the (security) envelopes I've been keeping. I know I will make something out of them, but haven't had the proper time to think about this yet.
I would love to make a zine of some sort. I've been very interested with them & drawn to them, recently, and I fell in love with the copy I bought from Cathy (Cullis). But my problem is ... as much as I would LOVE to make one of my own, I don't know where to start, what to talk about, what to include, what to draw, what to share ... I'm no poet, no illustrator, no artist, no designer ... come on, don't tell me I'm going to share one of my muffins recipes in that zine !!! who would like to purchase it ?!! I'm really blocking on that (so far, only virtual) project of mine. Really blocking.
I would love to try my hand at softie making. Yes, soft plushes. Dolls, animals, I don't know. I know that lots of talented crafters have already made tons of them, and they're all so beautiful & original, so how O how would mine be original & never seen ?! Another project that's still in the virutal & wishful stage.
I had started a "paper project" for children, a couple of months ago. (or was it only last month, I can't remember) I started, worked on it a bit, then, I was overwehlmed by other projects & the rhythm of daily life, school days, weekends, busy hubby & mom/MIL visiting, and it kind of stayed in the same stage as it was when I left it. So, there, here's another project I want to complete.
and watercolors ... let's not forget watercolors ...
oh well, sorry for all that blabla ... I think I had to express that excess of creativity or that excess of desire of creativity. Maybe I'm wanting too much. I don't know. Maybe some of you shall light my fire, because I think I'm getting lost. Or maybe I'm simply looking for myself, for my own style.
one thing is clear, I think I reflect a bit too much, don't you think ?
in the meantime, I started other coasters. Don't ask me why, but I've been feeling like making coasters. No other reason but having fun making them ! I made a set of four coasters made of (blue) chambray & an embroidered (not by me) trim (bought in Paris last year) on one side, and of a salvaged striped fabric (blue, white & red - it used to be a shirt) on the other.and I also made four (identical) teat hemed coasters, that will be sold individually. There was more work on these, as you will see, but I really love them too.all the new coasters I've been making (I mean, except the very first ones I made, with the yellow/orange floral retro fabric) now contain cotton batting, of course.
... they're all in the shop, of course.
so it's really been a prolific weekend, don't you think ? It doesn't seem, like that, but anything I may want to do, may it be coasters, a pincushion, lavender strawberries or anything else, does take time. I try to cut the whole process into different stages, so I don't spend a whole day working on something (which, anyway, CAN'T HAPPEN !), so it seems to me that it take ages to have a little teeny tiny something complete.
I wanted to share something else that a dear friend sent me (well, us, hubby & I) and that we tried today with our coffee, after lunch. Organic dark chocolate with lavender buds (and made in France !). I had a little bit of apprehension, but also like trying new things, so we bite in a square with no fear. Mmmm ... it was really good, I swear, much better than I imagined it would be !and it also made a lovely photo :)
tomorrow is a bank day in France (Easter Monday) so the boys are off school, and we'll be heading to my inlaws'. I won't be blogging tomorrow then. I'll try to play catch up when I'll be back home & that the boys will be in bed. I'll bring embroidery & maybe watercolors there.
as I'm typing this post, I feel I have lots to say, lots to express. I hope you don't mind, I feel like being chatty today.
to my VERY own delight & joy, I feel I've been much more creative, since a couple of months, like I'd never been before. I know it's not going to stop, I don't want it to stop, and on the other hand, I feel I'm torn between too many things I would like to do.
I love to embroider, sew, stamp, and I'll never stop doing these !
I love dyeing fabrics, my little own ways, but I haven't quite yet found the perfect use for them. I know I will, but it hasn't hit me yet.
I would love to find the perfect use for all the (security) envelopes I've been keeping. I know I will make something out of them, but haven't had the proper time to think about this yet.
I would love to make a zine of some sort. I've been very interested with them & drawn to them, recently, and I fell in love with the copy I bought from Cathy (Cullis). But my problem is ... as much as I would LOVE to make one of my own, I don't know where to start, what to talk about, what to include, what to draw, what to share ... I'm no poet, no illustrator, no artist, no designer ... come on, don't tell me I'm going to share one of my muffins recipes in that zine !!! who would like to purchase it ?!! I'm really blocking on that (so far, only virtual) project of mine. Really blocking.
I would love to try my hand at softie making. Yes, soft plushes. Dolls, animals, I don't know. I know that lots of talented crafters have already made tons of them, and they're all so beautiful & original, so how O how would mine be original & never seen ?! Another project that's still in the virutal & wishful stage.
I had started a "paper project" for children, a couple of months ago. (or was it only last month, I can't remember) I started, worked on it a bit, then, I was overwehlmed by other projects & the rhythm of daily life, school days, weekends, busy hubby & mom/MIL visiting, and it kind of stayed in the same stage as it was when I left it. So, there, here's another project I want to complete.
and watercolors ... let's not forget watercolors ...
oh well, sorry for all that blabla ... I think I had to express that excess of creativity or that excess of desire of creativity. Maybe I'm wanting too much. I don't know. Maybe some of you shall light my fire, because I think I'm getting lost. Or maybe I'm simply looking for myself, for my own style.
one thing is clear, I think I reflect a bit too much, don't you think ?
oxox
Sonia








:-) I love your rambling, it seems your brain works very much like mine - so many ideas, so few hours in the day. Carry on reflecting as I am sure this is where creativity comes from :-)
ReplyDeleteNot at all. Love all your wishful crafty ideas . .I draw inspiration from these (esp in the few stolen moments while my husband grills the sate burgers I made for easter dinner AND entertains the kiddies in the yard!). . .asian coleslaw is done, sate sauce is made, dessert is just out of the oven, so I've earned them, I suppose!!
ReplyDeleteHey, Sonia, could you suggest any crafty type blogs that are written en francais? I just had my french exam for work (Canadian government) and while I haven't gotten my results, I'm not hopeful I scored the advanced standing I was searching for . . I know I need to read more in french, that it will help my speaking . . .and I figured if I could read a topic I loved, then I would be happy and do it more!
Happy easter and hope the easter bunny found you (does he visit France?)
hugs
now look who's rambling??
Thank you for your ramble...it's an insightful reflection of the thoughts of an artist/crafter. Sometimes I want to do so much that I feel like I'm spinning in the sunshine (of ideas)! Alas, like you, life does seem to get in the way sometimes. Not that I would trade away my delightful family for the sake of my craft. After all, when all is said and done, are they not my greatest creative achievement? lol Kim :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I am so filled with ideas that it becomes overwhelming. I want to do sooooo many things that I end up not starting anything because I can't figure out where to begin.
ReplyDeletedo what ever you want to do at the moment you want to do it
ReplyDeletethat is what makes us free
lots of love sonia
what ever you do it is always so beautiful
Wow these look fun and easy to make! I've got to try this!
ReplyDelete