Yes, yes, my Moo mini-cards arrived today ! Can you tell I was excited about them ?! I'm so happy to have a big fat stock of 100 of them (wow, these are going to last me forever !) I used 5 different photos I had on Flickr, so I have 20 of each. Look !
You must recognize some of the craft projects I had in 2008, some of them being rather recent. :)
So, yes, I managed to sew my parents' gifts yesterday, and wrapped them all (the ones for my inlaws & the ones for my parents), I made their cards yesterday evening too, wrote them, and gave everything to my MIL, who left this morning. She'll pass them to my parents before Christmas. (they don't live far away from each other, only 10 mn by car) Not showing you pics here as my mom checks my blog almost daily, even though she doesn't understand a single word of English ! LOL One last project I've been working on (and which is not finished) is a gift for my sweet hubby. It was not planned that I'd be making him something, but I felt like doing it, weeks ago. So I started, but couldn't show pics here neither, because, YES, my hubby does read my blog too, almost everyday, from work. (but he DOES understand English totally !) So, I'll be showing pics from the finished project once only it will have been given to him.
What else to say ? Uh yes, yesterday afternoon I also worked on making my MIL a new pair of fleece wristwarmers, and took photos along the way, so that I will be making a tutorial for them. I simply have to translate in correct English what I did, resize the pics etc, so Deb (if you read this), it should take me a couple of days & it will be ready !!
Vacations ! My three guys are on vacations, at last ! Boy does my hubby needed real vacations, not three days in a row only ! I'm going to hide that damned clock & I'm going to cross my fingers & toes that the boys will be sleeping good at nights & in the morning. (they have always been bad sleepers)
This evening Chris & I talked about what we'd like to eat these holiday season, not specifically on Christmas day. (and we have a one kilometer long list, no, just kidding ! LOL) Over the years Chris & I have chosen NOT to follow the traditions, more specifically when it comes to meals. We won't have turkey or smoked salmon or foie gras or oysters (yuck), no Christmas log, chocolates, etc (sorry if this offends some of you). We're going to have cozy at home holidays, which really sounds like heaven to me. Cook what we want when we want, and not because that's what people usually eat that day of the year. Not sure why I'm saying this here, but I thought I had to share my feeling & our point of view.
Speaking about food, my MIL gave me her yoghurt+apple cake recipe, so I'll translate it ASAP & will share it here then.
Before leaving, I had to share something that happened to us last week. But the story started three weeks ago. When my mom was still here (the day before she left in fact), Chris & I went to the restaurant, and by the end of the dinner, Chris & I had panna cotta. With caramel. Bang, here come three caramel stains on ... a 100% virgin wool Hugo Boss suit. (on the trousers) Yes, not one, not two, but three of them ! MEN ! OK, nevermind. I brought it to the drycleaners. Seven euros after, the trousers were cleaned, but the three stains had remained. UH !! I was not really that happy, but hadn't realized the stains were still there. Several days after, I decided to try Essence F (OK, now I don't know its name in English at all ! it's a solvent) Not the slightest difference. Now I was rather angry then, as this suits quite cost a lot ! I googled & googled some more, in English & in French. I didn't find an answer to my question (which was "how to remove a caramel stain on a 100% wool suit ?"). So ... what do you do when you're done with all the possibilities ? You phone your mom, my friends !! LOL She advised me to try Savon de Marseille. But just to be cautious, I first tried on the inner part of the trousers' hem. It hadn't alter the fabric, so we tried on the stains themselves, using a (terry-towel) face clothe + Savon de Marseille + a bit of lukewarm water. We let it dry ... and ... and ... the stains disappeared !! And as the trousers had been cleaned at the drycleaners', there wasn't even a ring. Happy Ending of the Caramel Stain Story. LOL :D (and moral : don't be afraid to try almost anything, specially if it's as natural as this soap, but test it first on a hidden part of the stained clothe. Btw on the laundry label, it was written that it could be put into water. Which we didn't, anyway, but we used water to clean it)
Activities Advent Calendar - Day 18 : Making Sun-Catchers, using remnants of self-adhesive rolls (MacTac type if you see what I mean), and little squares (remnants I had too) of colorful tissue papers. That was so much fun, I'll make the boys make lots more & plan to sew them together to make vertical garlands !
Activities Advent Calendar - Day 19 : Print & laminate Christmas themed bookmarks from Jan Brett's website. No photo, sorry. But you get the idea. :)
Time for me to leave, it's late now. Have a wonderful weekend everyone ! xoxoxo
You must recognize some of the craft projects I had in 2008, some of them being rather recent. :)So, yes, I managed to sew my parents' gifts yesterday, and wrapped them all (the ones for my inlaws & the ones for my parents), I made their cards yesterday evening too, wrote them, and gave everything to my MIL, who left this morning. She'll pass them to my parents before Christmas. (they don't live far away from each other, only 10 mn by car) Not showing you pics here as my mom checks my blog almost daily, even though she doesn't understand a single word of English ! LOL One last project I've been working on (and which is not finished) is a gift for my sweet hubby. It was not planned that I'd be making him something, but I felt like doing it, weeks ago. So I started, but couldn't show pics here neither, because, YES, my hubby does read my blog too, almost everyday, from work. (but he DOES understand English totally !) So, I'll be showing pics from the finished project once only it will have been given to him.
What else to say ? Uh yes, yesterday afternoon I also worked on making my MIL a new pair of fleece wristwarmers, and took photos along the way, so that I will be making a tutorial for them. I simply have to translate in correct English what I did, resize the pics etc, so Deb (if you read this), it should take me a couple of days & it will be ready !!
Vacations ! My three guys are on vacations, at last ! Boy does my hubby needed real vacations, not three days in a row only ! I'm going to hide that damned clock & I'm going to cross my fingers & toes that the boys will be sleeping good at nights & in the morning. (they have always been bad sleepers)This evening Chris & I talked about what we'd like to eat these holiday season, not specifically on Christmas day. (and we have a one kilometer long list, no, just kidding ! LOL) Over the years Chris & I have chosen NOT to follow the traditions, more specifically when it comes to meals. We won't have turkey or smoked salmon or foie gras or oysters (yuck), no Christmas log, chocolates, etc (sorry if this offends some of you). We're going to have cozy at home holidays, which really sounds like heaven to me. Cook what we want when we want, and not because that's what people usually eat that day of the year. Not sure why I'm saying this here, but I thought I had to share my feeling & our point of view.
Speaking about food, my MIL gave me her yoghurt+apple cake recipe, so I'll translate it ASAP & will share it here then.
Before leaving, I had to share something that happened to us last week. But the story started three weeks ago. When my mom was still here (the day before she left in fact), Chris & I went to the restaurant, and by the end of the dinner, Chris & I had panna cotta. With caramel. Bang, here come three caramel stains on ... a 100% virgin wool Hugo Boss suit. (on the trousers) Yes, not one, not two, but three of them ! MEN ! OK, nevermind. I brought it to the drycleaners. Seven euros after, the trousers were cleaned, but the three stains had remained. UH !! I was not really that happy, but hadn't realized the stains were still there. Several days after, I decided to try Essence F (OK, now I don't know its name in English at all ! it's a solvent) Not the slightest difference. Now I was rather angry then, as this suits quite cost a lot ! I googled & googled some more, in English & in French. I didn't find an answer to my question (which was "how to remove a caramel stain on a 100% wool suit ?"). So ... what do you do when you're done with all the possibilities ? You phone your mom, my friends !! LOL She advised me to try Savon de Marseille. But just to be cautious, I first tried on the inner part of the trousers' hem. It hadn't alter the fabric, so we tried on the stains themselves, using a (terry-towel) face clothe + Savon de Marseille + a bit of lukewarm water. We let it dry ... and ... and ... the stains disappeared !! And as the trousers had been cleaned at the drycleaners', there wasn't even a ring. Happy Ending of the Caramel Stain Story. LOL :D (and moral : don't be afraid to try almost anything, specially if it's as natural as this soap, but test it first on a hidden part of the stained clothe. Btw on the laundry label, it was written that it could be put into water. Which we didn't, anyway, but we used water to clean it)
Activities Advent Calendar - Day 18 : Making Sun-Catchers, using remnants of self-adhesive rolls (MacTac type if you see what I mean), and little squares (remnants I had too) of colorful tissue papers. That was so much fun, I'll make the boys make lots more & plan to sew them together to make vertical garlands !
Activities Advent Calendar - Day 19 : Print & laminate Christmas themed bookmarks from Jan Brett's website. No photo, sorry. But you get the idea. :)Time for me to leave, it's late now. Have a wonderful weekend everyone ! xoxoxo
Hi Sonia, I love Brio robot story, how special that Paul had his design done & mailed to him with extra robots. Time is flying right now, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, hugs
Hi Sonia! I'm so glad you have your 3 men home for a while! Your holiday plans sound fun- we're thinking likewise of eating some non-traditional (for us) things like tamales on Christmas Eve. Good job on getting that stain out! I'll have to take a peek at that wiki link! Enjoy your weekend! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteWOW!! How brilliant about the Brio! I've long been fan of theirs, Tom had a huge train set and we have lots at school too but I hadn't seen the robots. I think that's one of the loveliest stories I've heard in a long time. Something P will remember and treasure all his life.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the Christmas card, I'm afraid I've been dreadfully disorganised this year and only wrote my cards last night so all my overseas people have missed out. I will try and rectify my error!
Have a wonderful day :o)
no, not offended about your food choices. Bill and I have slightly turned our back this year, and have chicken instead of turkey. That's because when I asked Little One if she would prefer turkey or chicken, and she said chicken. That suits me just fine, as I find it much easier (and quicker) too cook. So I'm with you 100% about cooking what you want. Christmas Day should be about relaxing and having fun with the family, and not fretting about food. Ha ha, I can say that because I know this year will be a more relaxed occasion, and I'm really looking forward to that.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to have all the gang at home on holiday. I totally agree that it's so nice when our men can hide away the alarm clock and relax. They work hard for us, but we appreciate it. :O)
I must away. Been a really hectic morning, and we need to pop out again this afternoon! We must be mad!!!!
have a lovely Saturday. xxx
forgot to say, the Mini Moos look great, a new obsession of yours?! ;o)
ReplyDeletexx
YAY for fixing the Wool suit! What kind of soap is this? You said it is natural? I love your moo cards! Having 20 of each will make it easier to give them away... I usually only have 2 of each. Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Laurraine
I so love your mini Moo cards! You should put some in your etsy shop ~ is that allowed?
ReplyDelete